Bethel- Which Governing Body member had a Nervous Breakdown and why?

by Witness 007 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    "In 1974 I was invited to become a member of the Governing Body...I NEEDED ENCOURAGEMENT TO ACCEPT IT."

That statement is such a farce! My room was at the opposite end of the 10th floor in the 107 building where Klein and his wife were living. Our rooms were half a city block from each other. One day I heard this loud shout, something like "Yippee! Wha-hoo!" A few minutes later I stepped out of my room and asked a neighbor what all the commotion was about. She told me that Klein had just gotten a letter inviting him to be on the Governing Body.

Occasionally I was the driver who took Knorr, Klein and others to the airport. As such I heard both speak of their contempt toward each other. In my presence Knorr called Klein a "nut" and said "the only reason we keep him is because he's a good writer." On another occasion Klein went on and on about how Knorr was the most obstinate man on the GB.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Fjtooth! Didn't realize you were so high up in Bethel you should post some goss about these leaders..you havent done so in any post.....It's so obvious these 2 hated each others guts even from just the Wachtower article...and yes maybe this is his fake "Humility" as you suggest.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Bethelites used to say that Klein was "braindead from birth." Karl also wrote many of the Kingdom Songs including that hauntingly and richly melodic tune we all love so well: "From House to House."

Farkel

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This is bad

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Witness 007: 1950 Brother Knorr invited me..to join the Writting Department. When I told him it did not matter where I served, HE REPROVED ME saying when an added privlege of service is extended we should be eager to accept it.

I think Ray Franz outlined a similar experience with Knorr in Crisis of Conscience. Knorr extended an offer to Franz to leave the Carribean and go to Bethel, and Franz implied that he was happy where he was. Knorr's reaction gave Franz the impression that he was rejecting a generous offer. Franz quickly clarified that he was happy to move to Brooklyn and the WTS HQ.

Knorr sounds like a guy who was used to people doing as he 'asked.'

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000
    TonusOH9 hours ago
    Witness 007: 1950 Brother Knorr invited me..to join the Writting Department. When I told him it did not matter where I served, HE REPROVED ME saying when an added privlege of service is extended we should be eager to accept it. I think Ray Franz outlined a similar experience with Knorr in Crisis of Conscience. Knorr extended an offer to Franz to leave the Carribean and go to Bethel, and Franz implied that he was happy where he was. Knorr's reaction gave Franz the impression that he was rejecting a generous offer. Franz quickly clarified that he was happy to move to Brooklyn and the WTS HQ.

Knorr sounds like a guy who was used to people doing as he 'asked

-

If we are talking about another Ray Franz then the ex JW community is big and so powerful he could be a hero. He could earn a very nice living and be treated like a king all over the world. Far better even than being a GB member where they have to give the impression they don’t stay in fancy hotels and live the VIP life even when they do.

All ex JWs would treat TOMO3 like a proper celebrity if he did another Ray Franz I would donate as would many many people and if he wanted to go a speaking circuit perhaps someone like Kim Silvio could organise and I’m sure we could all donate

this could be huge

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit