Is The Watchtower Society Too Controlling of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by IsaacJS2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

I'm back, finally...more or less. My computer died like 5 weeks ago and I'm still having problems even after rebuilding it twice. If you've stopped in to check out my web site (www.atheistgeeknews.com) and noticed it was dead, it's because I haven't been able to get online much. I couldn't really write advice article for ex-JWs and atheists and whatnot on my JW-wife's machine. But I thought I would mention that Austin finally posted my last article that I sent in to him today.

http://atheism.about.com/od/jehovahswitnesses/a/SocietyControl.htm

Note the subtitle: "How the Governing Body and Elders Maintain Control over Jehovah's Witnesses." This is as close as I've come to calling them the "C" word on his site. No, not that C word. I mean "cult."

I haven't heard much from Austin since I got back, so he's probably been swamped. I'm still trying to sort out some computer problems so I can get back to work. (I work at home, which requires a fully working computer) Thought I was the computer guy, but this series of problems has just been weird. This last one still has me beat. Anyway, leave a comment for the article if you read it so Austin knows people are reading. Let me if it sucked, too.

IsaacJ

• JK666
    JK666

Is the WTS too controlling of JW's? Is the Pope Catholic? It is what they do!

I feel your pain about the dead computer, my desktop took a dump last night. I need to pick up another hard drive.

JK

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

Yeah, I've had RAM problems, a hard drive failure, and a video card that kept blue screening. Plus I mistakenly ordered the wrong CPU for the el-cheapo motherboard I got (I'm pretty much broke, so price is a big concern) and had to wait another week for it to arrive. Then, when I finally got it all together, I've had other glitches I can't quite pin down and I spent another week reinstalling and rebuiling to sort it out. Sometimes Windows XP takes well over an hour to boot up, while at other times it snaps on screen faster than any PC I've ever owned! Defragging, registry scrubbing, driver removal...nothing seems to change it much. Then it started running slow last night, and I discovered that my USB add-in card isn't working properly.

Then I booted it up this morning, and everything seems to be fine. I hope it'll stay that way through the weekend so I can do some paying work! Crap. I've never had this many problems at one time.

IsaacJ

• yknot
    yknot

Controlly?

Nay my good Lord! Merely protecting us stupid sheep from our stupid selves!

LOL (Skeletor-ROCKS)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Boy IsaacJS2, a thread title like that is like "chumming" in shark infested waters.

Great article, BTW. Glad to see you back and posting. Keep up the good work.

Open Mind

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Is the WTS too controlling of JW's? Do bears shit in the woods?

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

great article-

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are very controlling in subtle and not so subtle ways eg see what happens to a JW who dares not engage in the JW preaching or attend meetings. The WTS control mechanisms will quickly begin to marginalise him in the JW society.

Or what if someone is doing something innocent like celebrating a birthday or Christmas? The list of forbidden things is very long.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of course not!..The WBT$ is very liberal..They hide pedophiles in Kingdom halls..They recieve profits through a trust fund from tobacco Giant Phillip Morriss/Harley Davidson/Johnson and Johnson,to name a few..Own 50% of the Rand Cam Engine corp..And..Had an association with the United Nations NGO..Evil Banana..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• PinTail
    PinTail

JK666 you took the words right out of my mouth, dude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit