Is there one true religion?

by angeleyes71 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes humanism....................or Homerovah Witnesses

There is an unknown God called........ NATURAL LAW

• architect
    architect

The one true religion is the one that is only selected by God himself.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

true, no!

but I believe there is ONE honest group-- agnostics

We are the only ones honest enough to admit we dont know.

--if you say your religion is the ONE true one and all others are false, I just add one more to the same pile you have consigned all others--

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Most of us have answered from a Christian viewpoint, but that is a minority of the world's population. Any God would have to include all his subjects worldwide - so the other "great" religions must be included in a search for the truth.

It is unfair that salvation would depend on where you were born and what religion and society you were brought up in.. If there is one , and I doubt it, it must not exclude the faithful ones of other religions. And if God does not make it absolutely clear what is the one? I guess it means that he does not have just one either.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The pursuit of meaning ,the pursuit of enlightenment , the pursuit of understanding this is the only true religion and it cant be done in a church or found in one book or heard from the lips of single group of men it must be sought by the individual and be found in a way that fits to an individuals perception of reality . As far as finding it goes that is what life is about so you might say LIFE and LIVING are the only true relgion

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If there is only one truth (one reality) then there is only one true religion!

Depending on your philosophy, you can say there is one absolute truth.
    Either there is one God who created Heaven and earth or there is not.
    If there is, many other questions arise and can be answered by that one God.
    If there is not, then maybe a multitude of gods can answer the questions that arise
    or maybe there is no personality that knows the answers. No human knows the
    answers, but many think they do.

I will say that an absolute truth does not lead to one true religion. If there is any
    error in each of them, they are not the one true religion. I submit that all of them are
    not teaching the absolute truth in their doctrine. Is one of them close to the absolute
    truth? I doubt it, but here's my thought:

Personally, I thought I was serving God and doing his will in the one true religion, but
    I found out that I was misled into a mind-control cult. I have said this before- Now, if
    God wants me to do his will (join the one true religion) He will have to personally tell
    me how to do so.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Why wouldn't there be?

Unless god likes confusion and bickering, I don't feel god has a one religion that is absolutely perfect in word and deed and in all other respects. But it would be loving to its members and make room for reasonable use of our god given conscious. The End

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit