Sorry WTS - Higher Ed More Important Than Ever!

by Seeker4 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm working on an article tonight from an interview I did last week with Jane Sanders, the President of Burlington College and the wife of US Senator Bernie Sanders. I was thinking of the WTS's comments this summer at the DC where they really bad mouthed the value of a college education.

This is what Jane Sanders said:

"The cost of education is very high, and we are one of the only industrialized nations in the world that doesn’t give some kind of strong support to higher education, that considers that that is a necessity. It used to be that higher education wasn’t a necessity, it is now. You don’t get anywhere now without at least a BA."

That's the real world, and more and more Witnesses realize it. That's why more and more will go on to college, and more and more will leave the WTS as they get educated and learn to think and question.

YES!!

S4

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Coffee

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha ha. I can imagine the WT quote-mining that for:

"the cost of education is very high" says noted expert on education. Hence christians would be wise to consider these "costs".

barf.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Lord knows.. well actualy since I'm agnostic I wonder if he knows...

Well anyways, yeah I'll be in school for a Loooooooooong Time. For what, you may ask?

I don't know yet... something with sociology and kids. Maybe sex- I would make a great sex therapist!

And if not then I'll be selling my a$$ to rich old guys- either way I will not be po'.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Kudra,

You're exactly right! That's what they do all the time. If they find an article with a hundred positive things about education and one negative, guess which one they use?!

The WTS is so journalistically unethical - it's one of the main reasons I left.

S4 - (the first emoticon I've ever used!)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"quote mining"

I like that description.

Skeeter

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Oh yes, the r&f are catching on all right. My brother is 42 and has just entered college due to an accident in his janitorial work. He has been floored by how many witnesses are in this college and are helping each other to get good grades and good jobs. They just arn't buyin that Bs anymore.

Important, oh yes it always has been, especially for all those lawyers who got there degrees in University to study how to defend the watchtower society. Its funny, but the higher up you go, the degrees of the people who work for the org. probably reads like a whos who from the ivy league.

For them to deny and tell people not to go this route is so huge a contradiction in terms its disgusting.

I can see their point though. To run a huge Corp. you needs peons and uneducated ass kissers.

• changeling
    changeling

I was half listening to the news this evening.

I heard a report about a study that related eduaction levels with health problems.

The higher the education level/the lower the health issues and viceversa.

So, go to college, it's good for your health!

changeling

• yknot
    yknot

Like all WTBS changes they come slowly and tend to flip and flop.........

It would be nice if the accounting boys would inform the writing boys that donations are more abundant if you have members who can afford it. The boys in Legal would gladly endorse it too since they could use it to show courts that we are mainstream and not a controling corporate entity. I am surprised that we have not yet read that, those whom cannot pioneer should consider heavier donations to help those in the field. The Borg has no problem using fear why not use GUILT.

However if it is more important then ever why are the public school systems following the steps of the WTBS and dumbing things down?

Damn that college education I received, it clearly has destroyed my spiritual discernment just as the Borg warned!!!

LOL ......Love yall

Y

• zarco
    zarco

S4

Most of the Bethelites in positions of oversight in legal, accounting, finance, engineering and of course the medical professions have degrees. The Society has encouraged educated ones to join Brooklyn Bethel. When I worked at Bethel it was amazing to see many who in spite of counsel from the organization pursued higher education and were accepted to Bethel positions. It has to be most awkward for the Society to reward higher education by accepting those who have it while at the same time discouraging education.

I am happy to say that my family from top to bottom (3 generations) has advanced degrees from fine schools. We would not let the fear of knowledge discourage us from our goal. Why are these guys so afraid of knowledge. If they had the truth wouldn't knowledge help their cause?

Zarco

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit