WERE YOU EVER A SUBJECT OF K. HALL GOSSIP???

by chuckyy 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Chukky,

You are a funny, funny guy.....

Is there any other form of communication off the platform????

Keep up the funny pages presses running!

V

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

didn't get to read anyone's reply but i think i am the queen victim of gossiping at the hall.

i was living in italy, and got reproved. a sister told her daughter living in LONDON why i got reproved(actually said much worse) who told a sister in her hall who used to be in my hall.this siter then told her sister in BELGIUM who reported it to her brother still living in FLORENCE, italy. well later this brother went to bethel in ROME and him and another brother from there found out my records and reported it to people in my cong. (that other brother got removed from his duties actually because he's theone who had access to these records)

So it was official. they all went around for years saying i was reproved for sleeping with a brother in my hall when that wasn't even true.and that brother obviously knew it but maybe he thought the gossip was more spicy than the truth.

the witness community is very small. i realized it because i've lived attended halls in 4 different countries and you wouldn't believe who knows who.
    once you're marked that's it. you're tainted for life.
    that brother that i was saying earlier followed my tracks and made sure he told any brother who might show interest that i was no good.

and the elders spread gossip also. think about it. they're the ones people go to to know if such and such is marriage material and they have to justify why they may say no. so there you go.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Who was'nt?

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Constantly. Usually about my children. They were permitted to do homework at meetings. They were allowed to have worldly friends, I had costume parties for them once each year (some JWs attended, some didn't). Oh and I forgot until just now, They accused me of "Wearing The Pants In the Family" LOL!

• calico
    calico

Got back to me that I was not good enough for my husband! I had to go to that congrgation for 7 years. Much more was said about me--I think I've put it out of my mind.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Absolutely, but what I did was outrageous. Mind you, they drove me to it.

• bluebell
    bluebell

yeah i was - i always liken jw congregations to living in a very small town - everyone knows everyone and like to talk about them. no offence to anyone in a small town and as dubs they can't use their minds to educate themselves so they spread evil about other people to make their lives feel better.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There were some JW women that really had an obsession for gossiping and also tried to put me down as well with ill talking but most local dubs weren't into this as far as I knew.

• Frank75
    Frank75

You're kidding right?

It's been said, "Who hasn't?"

Especially now that we've left!

Frank75

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes. I call it the fishbowl syndrome. All these goggle-eyed fishies with nothing to look at or talk about but each other. Heaven help the new fishy added to the bowl. [Edited to add: Or the one that just left]

When the dust-up over the gossip was over, my husband had left the congregation and the girl who revealed the gossip to us had left the organization. The Ministerial Servant who had gossiped about us is still in good standing. We are not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit