WERE YOU EVER A SUBJECT OF K. HALL GOSSIP???

by chuckyy 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

Definitely.

The gossip against me seemed to really begin when I first got into a relationship with my ex. We were always watching our backs to make sure we didn't do anything that could possibly lead someone to get a wrong idea about us. That was especially so after I was appointed an MS and it seemed that many wanted to look for me to do something "wrong".

Now that i've severed meetings and field service, the latest rumor is that i've stopped since my ex is there. Also, there's the completely false rumor going around that i'm living with a woman.

• orbison11
    orbison11

oh yes, my divorce was apparently the biggest gossip story ever to hit the lower mainland (vancouver) and possibly bc,

and apparently i am now currently a herion addict living on the streets of a small city outside of vancouver,,just love it,,,,

wendy

• mind my own
    mind my own

I was constantly!! 99% of it was not even true!! The elders families are the worst.

I sure don't miss that!!

MMO

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Ouch, take it easy on the condemnation of elders' families

*limps off to lick wounds*

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

when i went away to college rumor had it that i was pregnant.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hah, I'm still, after several years of being gone, the subject of gossip. The sad thing is, my life is so truly boring in reality- the stuff they've made up about me sounds so much more fun!

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I was very much the subject of KH gossip. I had an unbelieving husband who was not only very opposed, but an alcoholic as well and our home life was a terrible roller coaster ride. I had three little boys that I took to meetings with me until they refused to go anymore at Dad's behest - so glad of that now. You know the tendency some people have to kick someone who is down? Well the person who was down was me and I was gossiped about and treated badly. Most people at the hall would not give me the time of day and would make catty remarks if they did have something to say. When I think back to some of the things said and done, I cannot believe I kept going and putting up with the abuse.

I did change congregations eventually and I have to say the second congregation was much better and there was love shown in the whole congregation. Pretty unusual from what I have seen in the previous congregation and the congregation I grew up in. Over time, though, I had less and less to do with other people in the cong, and then did hear complaints from new ones that it was very cold cong.

But now my husband has been sober for 16 years and our life is good. Boys are grown and 2 are doing well, 1 is getting better. And I have finally broken free from that sick, sick organization and will never look back.

• delilah
    delilah

JeffT said it...

The easier question might be to ask "who was NOT the subject of KH gossip?"

I think anyone who was ever a witness, was, at one time or another, the subject of gossip.

As a matter of fact, when my son was born a month early, everyone at the hall gossipped that I was pregnant before I got married. What do they know??!! What did I care?? They were soon off gossipping about someone else when they tired of me. They're good for that.

When my husband was df'd for smoking, a rumor went round that he had an affair on me. Nothing could have been further from the truth, but my grandma had to ask me if it was true. I laughed my ass off.

• somegirl
    somegirl

my husband I have been away from one cong. for a couple of years now and he went to a bachlor party last week and showed a picture of me and our son to some one from that old cong. and he asked when we had gotton back together. and my husband gave him this odd look of what? we've been married for almost 4 years now.

• changeling
    changeling

Who hasn't???

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit