Public Talk Intro on Youtube, picked apart and pathetic

by Wasanelder Once 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Someone uploaded a public talk on Youtube. I don't know which one it is because I quit listening after the introduction. I thought it was the perfect example of how negative the whole thing is. So, I posted it again (the brief intro, not the whole thing!)with a comical intro and a few comments parallell to the speaker showing how silly it is. Please check it out and share your thoughts. It's only about two and a half minutes.

It's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAQ8rdVJG5I

Thanks, W.Once

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL....Let's groan together.... *sigh*

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Excellent - what a contrast !
    Pass the Prozac.

You have a PM

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good one. What was the original movie? (I always love the apologist comments).

• avengers
    avengers

That dude was one tired MFer.

Andy.

• carla
    carla

Do the public talks usually begin so joyfully? (don't tell me to go check it out for myself, that ain't happening! besides it would just get my jw all excited that maybe I do think it is the truth) Would the rest of the meeting pick up a little?

I remember when I was a kid going to church, we had a real fire & brimstone minister for a short while. Everyone felt like crap week after week, finally the cong fired the guy. The occasional 'fire & brimstone your all sinners' is ok, I guess, but this was excessive. Our next pastor was great and stayed until his retirement. Our church grew and even the youths liked confirmation class with him.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! LOL!!! Sheesh...no wondeer so many suffer from depression that amazingly disappears after you leave and quit believing the lies!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

All JW's should thank Jah for their spiritual paradise!

Thanks for posting that video. It was depressing but the commentary was hilarious.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I forgot how depressing these talks are. Unbelievable.

The public talks follow a general script

Act 1 Everything is very bad and there is no hope

Act 2 Satan is behind all these bad things

Act 3 There is hope but only through the watchtower

Act 4 if you want to get to paradise go out in service, go to meetings, and follow the fds.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wow! Thank you for that reality of admitted depression and negativity of a JW elder which he includes the whole congregation having the same spirit. It is so sad that they dwell constantly on negativity. Their older people are dying off now of which none of them prepare mentally for since they constantly push the end of coming so soon. Boohoo!! They have no time to enjoy life now as the WTS keeps them only to the grind of empty and unthankful routines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit