Apostacy!!!

by Bill Parker 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

Hi Peter!
    Just to thank you for the vote of convidence.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Not sure where to post this, we went to a JW wedding and there were lots of disfellowshipped family members

the elders said as long as they respect the arrangement and don’t try to talk to people!

that is ridiculous as they don’t agree with the arrangement and of course they will talk to people

they try to normalise this absurd behaviour but who are the GB to say family members can’t talk to each other at weddings or funerals

the situation has gotten very serious I wish rank and file would start ignoring the GB on the real stupid direction

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

You were not sure where to post this. But the question is why did you need to post this?

It has long been stated that Kingdom Hall events are open to the public and disfellowshipped people are the public and have the right to attend. Sounds like you are policing people's weddings. Let them be.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

As for the original post: "I intend to show with this article that the “Man of Lawlessness” is the “Anti-Christ” and that the Activity of this composite person is what constitutes the “Abomination of Desolation.”"

Why do you or we care?

And you referenced writings from Paul's letters. Those letters were meant for the people back then, not us. They are not to be used for our authority, if they were, they would have been issued as a decree by the apostles and older men as a whole and distributed to everyone.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Rattigan: the group you are apologizing for uses the Pauline letters for all sorts of doctrinal matters, including the disfellowshipping, the appointment of the FDS etc. You say that the Pauline letters should be ignored by modern people, then aren’t you removing their content and thus doctrinal authority from the scriptures? Everything YOU believe about Christianity comes largely from Paul, if you want to reject them, then you should be championing Marcionism or certain forms of Gnostic Christianity.

• Duran
    Duran
    @Bill Parker - In point of fact have I not shown that the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses are the “Abomination of Desolation” spoken of by Daniel the Prophet? For myself I am thoroughly convinced that this composite man is now exposed for the entire world to see. As for any readers I will let you decide for yourselves.

No, the AOD/disgusting thing is not the GB, it is the KOTN. The MOL/anti-Christ is the same as the KOTN/DT. The apostacy that Paul said is to come, is still future and comes when the KOTN/DT gets put into place.

[2 However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, 3 Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god. 8 Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence. 9 But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.]

[31 And arms will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature. “And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation. 32 “And those who act wickedly against the covenant, he will lead into apostasy by means of smooth words. But the people who know their God will prevail and act effectively. 36 “The king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt himself and magnify himself above every god; and against the God of gods he will speak astonishing things. And he will prove successful until the denunciation comes to a finish; because what is determined must take place. 37 He will show no regard for the God of his fathers; nor will he show regard for the desire of women or for any other god, but he will magnify himself over everyone.]

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I find it interesting that you think a scripture applies to a religion that makes up 0.05-0.1% of the world population. You’d think prophecy would apply to a bit of a more impactful situation so people would actually notice.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Anony Mous - I'm not apologizing for a group. I just don't think that people need to make untruthful statements against them for their point.

"You say that the Pauline letters should be ignored by modern people, then aren’t you removing their content and thus doctrinal authority from the scriptures?"

Yes, I've come to the realization that the Pauline letters and the ones from the other apostles, should not be put on the level of prophets. They are no different than a letter from CT Russell or any other Christian commentator. The apostles are not the ones that stated the appointment of the FDS.

"Everything YOU believe about Christianity comes largely from Paul, if you want to reject them, then you should be championing Marcionism or certain forms of Gnostic Christianity."

Do you find it to be a problem that everything we believe about Christianity comes largely from Paul? So we are not Christians, but Paulites. Some belong to Paul, others belong to Apollos, etc. Come to realize that Paul was just an Israeli historian.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I think that all of you would agree that the adherence to the Pauline letters as a rule is harmful. The 12/1/1972 W had a Question from Readers about oral sex.

They reference Romans 1:18-27 and they state "In discussing sexual practices, the apostle provides us a principle that helps us to reach a right conclusion. He refers to “the natural use of the female,” which some were abandoning in favor of what is “contrary to nature,” thus satisfying “disgraceful sexual appetites” and “working what is obscene.” The apostle specifically deals with homosexual practices, condemning such. But the principle stated​—that the satisfying of sexual desires can be “natural” or can be “contrary to nature”—​applies just as well to the question under consideration.​"

Then they say: "It is not our purpose to attempt to draw a precise line as to where what is “natural” ends and what is “unnatural” begins. But we believe that, by meditating on Bible principles, a Christian should at least be able to discern what is grossly unnatural"

"What if certain married couples in the congregation in the past or even in recent times have engaged in practices such as those just described, not appreciating till now the gravity of the wrong? Then they can seek God’s forgiveness in prayer and prove their sincere repentance by desisting from such gross unnatural acts.

It is certainly not the responsibility of elders or any others in a Christian congregation to search into the private lives of married couples. Nevertheless, if future cases of gross unnatural conduct, such as the practice of oral or anal copulation, are brought to their attention, the elders should act to try to correct the situation before further harm results, as they would do with any other serious wrong. Their concern is, of course, to try to help those who go astray and are ‘caught in the snare of the Devil.’"

All of that because Paul used the word "physikos" translated Natural. Is it right that his letter can be taken in a context and culture that we don't know from a time long ago and applied today to where elders think they need to correct a couple?

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

As a child, I was taught that Paul was talking about making out! Now WTC says it was “improper use of the sexual organs”!!!!!! What a shocker!!

THANKS WATCHTOWER CORPORATION!

We sure won’t be doing any of that stuff. No sir-eeeeee. None of that nonsense for us!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit