"The Internet - The Watchtower's Worst Nightmare"

by Gayle 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes the boys in New York are nervously wiggling in their pants with the information highway, with all the exposing information at the public hands

no wonder they have pressed law suits on web sites that contained some of their old literature.

Information is dangerous.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I have succesfully walked away, but I will not be quiet!"

I could not have said it better. I walked away 24 years ago , almost 25. I don't have to be quiet anymore!

nj

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Gayle,

The internet came along like the cavalry to the rescue and it's sorting out the Brooklyn Book Binding Bother Boys.Once upon a time the ordinary householder had very limited ways of refuting the Big Cult's claims but now with information available literally at one's finger tips the fight for freedom has come about through the one word the Witlesses like to use a lot and that word is TRUTH.They can no longer claim to have the truth because they have proven to be confidence tricksters not just slightly but over and over again and the difference is that thirty years ago ,and more, there was hardly any counter balance but now at long last it can be dramatically proven how wrong and harmful the New World Society is.

They cannot succesfully win the arguments anymore ,it is not as easy for them to mislead the public as it once was.Individual doubters who once were isolated are now a very large group with experiences to relate and can encourage one another and warn others not to fall for the evil falsehoods that are claimed as facts.

Let's raise a glass or two and give three cheers for the internet.

Edmond.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just got word,all the way in the wilderness..The WBT$ warned against the Internet at the last assembly!.....I have lots of JW relatives..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've said for years now that the beginning of the end for JWs was the mid-1990s, created by several questionable changes in key teachings ie: the sheep and the goats and especially the 1914-generation; and by the advent of the Internet and free access to it, especially in first world countries. Since then the majority of those countries have seen very, very little increase, no increase or a decline in membership.

Wait til the Net is available in the third world as freely as it is here!

The greatest threat to the WTS is the free and open exchange of information and ideas, combined with the ability to question openly and debate ideas.

S4

• V
    V

Amen!

In January 2008 the Watchtower will go 'underground' with a "Study Version" available only to active JWs (inactive JWs and non-JWs only get a copy by attending the meeting of the study).

Meanwhile on the Internet, the weekly WT Comments based on Blondie's illustrious tradition. This has already increased it's exposure on the web by cataloging WT Comments on a website (see here).

So while the WT attempts to go insular, the actual effect is even more exposure via the Internet.

• heathen
    heathen
    Meanwhile on the Internet, the weekly WT Comments based on Blondie's illustrious tradition.

All hail blondie ....... It's so much more interesting when you can actually give your own point of view on things instead of answering the questions with the WTBTS point of view which is to be seen as infailible until they admil it was failible and change it themselves .

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you tell the whole world!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

About the time I was able to step back and re-evaluate how the organization actually works, I started googling my concerns and to my surprise, I found alot of others with similar concerns.

These sites have been very instrumental in helping me break away from the absolute emotional control they had over me.

• freyd
    freyd

QUOTE: Love the the words ..."I have successfully walked away, but I will not be quiet!" <br><br><br><br><br>Somebody here said you can't leave totalitarian borgs without a fight. Those are the terms set by the wt, the man of sin, act II which needs to be exposed. It's one thing for the wt to condemn religions infected with babylonian nonsense. It's quite another for da judge to change what the founder established by legal trickery and establish a new borg patterned after the original apostate borg. <br><br><br><br>http://www.bibletoday.com/V2/volumetwo_S09.htm <PAGE 287-88> <br><br><br><br>"Thus the great falling away from the faith, predicted by the Apostle Paul, is an established fact of history. All historians bear witness to it, even those who approve the assumption of power and eulogize the chief actors in the scheme. We regret that our space limits our quotations to some of the most pointed expressions. The falling away, covering a period of centuries, was so gradual as to be much less noticeable to those who then lived in its midst than to us who see it as a whole; and the more deceiving was it because every step of organization, and every advance toward influence and authority in the Church and over the world, was taken in the name of Christ, and professedly to glorify him and fulfil his plans recorded in Scripture. Thus was the great Antichrist developed--the most dangerous, most subtle and most persistent opponent of true Christianity, and the most fiendish persecutor of the true saints...........The Apostle Paul foretold that this iniquitous principle would work secretly for a time, while some opposing thing stood in the way, until, the hindrance being removed, it could have a free course, and progress rapidly to the development of the Antichrist. He says, "Only he that now hindereth will hinder, until he be taken out of the way." (`2 Thess. 2:7`) What does history have to show in fulfilment of this prediction? It shows that the thing which hindered a rapid development of Antichrist was the fact that the place aspired to was already filled by another."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit