"The Internet - The Watchtower's Worst Nightmare"

by Gayle 23 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

seeker 4 I couldn't agree with you more.

I've said for years now that the beginning of the end for JWs was the mid-1990s, created by several questionable changes in key teachings ie: the sheep and the goats and especially the 1914-generation; and by the advent of the Internet and free access to it, especially in first world countries. Since then the majority of those countries have seen very, very little increase, no increase or a decline in membership.

Wait til the Net is available in the third world as freely as it is here!

The greatest threat to the WTS is the free and open exchange of information and ideas, combined with the ability to question openly and debate ideas.

S4

I remember the 90's--Neutrality went to hell. (I went to prison in the 60's for two years for what they threw away in one frigging WT article in the 90's.)

Then the Generation debacle. What a joke. 80 years of teaching in one paragraph!

In a '97 WT study article they made a comment to the effect, "Is there corruption in the Organization? Yes. Is it riddled with corruption? No! Is God going to reject this organization and choose another? JEHOVAH WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING!"

When I read that, I was in a meeting, and I turned to my wife and said, "This thing is over with". Sounds just like the Jews that felt their temple would never be destroyed.

Been Gone 2 and a half years and life is better.

Brant

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Yes it is there worst nightmare. Im enjoying every minute of it. Little by little Im getting my mom into the whole google news for witnesses.(latest headlines)

Always hopeful for mom.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Uninformed I couldn't agree with you more.

It's that same we have the temple so we can never be destroyed attitude. It drives me insane when these smug little JW's ever so proudly talk about how Jehovah would never aloow corruption to exist in his clean organization. This happens everytime I bring up a topic like child abuse or like that ever so famous talk that went around the internet about the great trib already is under way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember when I came into the Tower. About all I had to work with was the Suffer Forever book, the NWT "Bible", the magazines, and literature that was available at the time. Access to the library to find out more about the religion was nil, and even had I had access, finding several independent sources would have been next to impossible. And I was a total noob when it came to religion, since I never got active as a Catholic. Of course, people at work warned me against the religion, but they made it clear that it was Satan that was doing that to make the religion look like crap.

By comparison, today only the poorest people in the USA lack Internet access. It takes about 10 seconds to type in "Jehovah's Witnesses" into a search engine and hit Go, and instantly ten million responses pop up on the screen. One can easily find three independent sources for further research in seconds, and they are all bashing the crap out of the Tower. There simply is nothing good about that religion. That Suffer Forever book was full of lies, and the lies helped support the other lies which were supported by still more lies. And the other literature supported it. The Internet helped to clear those lies up, and helped me to dig up even more dirt against the religion. I hope it succeeds in ruining the Watchtower Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit