I AM ILL AND SAD

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

It WILL get better!

The trees are just starting to change here in Indiana, and I cannot wait. You will feel better when the color is at maximum down south.

Hang in there,

JK

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Snowbird,

So sorry you aren't well. I'm staying where I have an incredible view of trees and mountains, pastures and cows. How ever beautiful and arresting the bucolia, I nevertheless keep thinking of Solomon's words that the ear is not filled with hearing nor the eye satisfied with seeing. Words to that effect. Sometimes I feel so empty despite all my blessings and the beauty that surrounds me. The difference for me now is that I no longer despair when I'm down.

I'm wishing the same for you, that you'll simply see this as part of the package and feel better soon!

Love,

CoCo

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, snowbird.

Lots of hugs to you, and I hope you feel much better soon!!

GGG

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awe shucks snowbird, summer colds are the worse!

alt

Get lots of rest, drink plenty of fluids and cover your mouth when you cough!

• delilah
    delilah

Dear Snowbird:

Cheer up!!

I hope you are feeling much better after reading all these get well posts. Mary makes the best chicken noodle soup ever when I am sick....she loads it with lots of fresh garlic.....if that don't cure the illness, then nothing will.

I made a huge pot of turkey soup yesterday for my sick boys and they are feeling better today.

I hope you feel better soon. Take good care, drink plenty of liquids, hot soup, honey and fresh squeezed lemon in your tea will help too. ( a nice hot toddy will help also))

• snowbird
    snowbird

A big and thanks to all. Baby Girl decided to stay away from the BS (not the kind from a bull's posterior) tonight and two of my grandkids came a'callin' to see how I'm doing. I feel much better!!!

It has cooled off down here and the trees have begun their glorious displays. I may just take tomorrow off also.

Sylvia

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

go to a Chinese restaurant with real Chinese people and ask the chef to make you a soup for your cold. They have some great soups for colds - used to go to a Chinese restaurant in San Diego that would do that for you even though it wasn't on the menu. It was spicy and had some seafood in it and who knows what kind of greens, but I always got over my cold faster when I ate it.

• changeling
    changeling

Feel better soon.

changeling

• snowbird
    snowbird
    go to a Chinese restaurant with real Chinese people and ask the chef to make you a soup for your cold.

I'm afraid I would have to go a fur piece in order to do that. But, I find cabbage soup with red peppers helps a lot. Thank you for the advice, though.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Buy some firecrackers and blow something up. It always makes me feel better. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit