Christians: Why are we here (earth) in the first place?

by Awakened07 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Another thread here reminded me of something I used to wonder about while I was still an active JW, and haven't really thought about until now that I was reminded of it again.

- This is probably a very banal question, but (the premise comes first):

-God created a myriad of angels in Heaven before He created our universe and earth, right?

-And - except for those who rebelled - they are all still up there, right?

-And - when a human being dies, he/she either goes to Heaven, or Hell, right (not all of you believe in Hell, I guess, but Heaven's what's important here) ?

(I guess I shouldn't take these points as a given, but...)

-So - the question becomes:

-Why were some angels created directly in Heaven, while other 'angels' have to live a life as physical, imperfect beings here on earth first, before they can become angels after death? Why create an entire physical universe when He could just as well have created us all as angels directly in the beginning in the spiritual realm? What will be the difference between the angels who were created directly 'in the beginning' as angels, and those who have lived a life on earth first? Will the ones coming from earth have a lower rank in Heaven than those who have been there all along? Or will they be given a higher rank, because they had to live through and endure all the cr*p here first? Or will they all be the same?

It boggled my mind before, and - with these above assumptions intact - still does.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

We needed to be here to sin so that Jesus could come and die for us.

Sheeesh!

That was easy.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I guess his spiritual beings were worshipping him too perfectly...

so he decided to make imperfect corporeal beings to make things interesting.

• Terry
    Terry

I remember suddenly having an epiphany when I realized that "Christianity" is not a single, monolithic thing.

It is many things defined and practiced many ways; most of which are mutually exclusive to each other!

Christianity is nothing if not a contradiction.

Words/concepts such as "God" "faith" "Worship" etc. are also thought of and practiced so many different ways; most of which claim exclusivity of correctness.

So, to speak of these things is to be working under a kind of implicit false-pretense.

A peculiar conundrum, no?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Re:

Will the ones coming from earth have a lower rank in Heaven than those who have been there all along? Or will they be given a higher rank, because they had to live through and endure all the cr*p here first? Or will they all be the same?

Interestingly, there are hints to the second option (redeemed mankind > angels and the like) in several segments of early Christianity (Paul, post-Pauline, Hebrews for instance).

Seems like we're satisfied with nothing short of the top (no matter how long and winding the road to get there)...

• Gopher
    Gopher

We're here to prove God was right in the issue of universal sovereignty.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• zack
    zack

Angels are the lower creation. Man was to experience a physical life and then pass on to immortality--- become like God in both knowledge, form, and power. Hey, it's just as good as any other explanation, right?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The simple answer is, its a story.

If you want to believe the story and make sense of it and apply it to your life, then my take is God said "he new us before we were born." That is in the bible.

So I take that myself to mean the bible is talking about reincarnation. We come down here and incarnate as humans. We are spirits having human experiences trying to find our way back home to God.

I suspect we are God, the universal conciousness and this is how we entertain ourselves.

In my story all the angles come down here to the pleasure planet to have experiences. This is where the action is.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you and may you all have peace!

We are here because we are the seed of the Woman, treasure hidden in earthen vessels, being concealed from our enemies in the spirit realm, until such time as we have all been fertilized by God’s holy spirit, in order to effect a NEW birth and so be born AGAIN… as manifest by a releasing from what we inherited from Adam, flesh with its blood… and given a NEW "garment," a "WHITE robe,".... flesh with GOD'S blood... holy spirit... and returned to that place from which we came, the city have real foundations… the spirit realm.

We will not “go to heaven,” at least not in the manner that “Christianity” teaches (i.e., sit on clouds and play harps, separated from those on the earth). We will go into the spirit realm to take part in the Lamb’s marriage, either as his Bride or as guests at the marriage feast, but we don’t stay there out of touch with the physical realm. At some point, NEW Jerusalem… the “City having REAL foundations”… meaning, it is made up of Chris, as the cornerstone, the apostles as the foundations, the prophets and others as pillars, and we as “living stones”… RETURNS… and is situated UPON the earth.

In this way, the SPIRIT realm and the PHYSICAL realms are once again brought back together so that, as it was before Adam sinned… we can go IN… and OUT… of both. Angels (excluding those who are restricted due to their own error) have always been able to do this, and so was Adam, until he caused himself to be “cut off” from entering back into the spirit realm. Since Adam, the only way in… is through Christ, the Door.

Once all things have been gathered back together again, however, the things in the heavens (spirit realm) and the things on earth (physical realm), all will be able to “go in and out and find pasturage.”

The reason we are “restless” is because we are alien residents. WE are. We did not originate in the physical world; we only became ENSLAVED by it, BOUND… because of Adam. Because of him, we MUST eat, drink, sleep, yawn, poop, rely on aircraft, dwell in shelters of sticks and stones, exist in limitation. That is because we inherited our FLESH from Adam AFTER he was enslaved in it. Prior to, he had a body like Christ’s, one that could transform and go in and out.

OUR job… is to try to avoid being devoured by our Adversary, Satan the Devil, who seeks to destroy each and every one of us BEFORE we can be fertilized with God’s holy spirit and returned to the place from which we came, the womb of the woman, Sarah, the Ark of the TRUE covenant… the spirit realm.

We will not have to give up the earth; JAH formed it for us. We will not have to give up the spirit realm; it is our original home. It is His purpose for us to have BOTH. Unfortunately, RELIGION has taught that it must be one… or the other. This is a lie and a means for causing division among the sons of God (“I want to be here,” “I wish to be there”).

As sons in the freedom of God, however, we will not have to choose because as spirits, we can have it all for spirits are bound by physical laws as is flesh with its blood. But this freedom can only be had through the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who gave his life to REPURCHASE the right to it for us. Adam had that right… and GAVE IT UP… for himself AND for us. Christ GAVE HIS LIFE to buy it back.

Our Adversary, the Devil, knows this and has pulled out ALL stops to keep up from it, primarily by using false religion to turn us away from the ONLY One who can lead us back! Using them, he had sowed SO MUCH DOUBT in our minds and hearts… about God… about Christ… about the spirit realm… about heaven… hell… Armageddon, etc., that most of us have lost hope and forgotten who we really are.

When we were young children we KNEW who we were… and no one could convince us from it. As time passed, however, the ridicule and slander, the uncertainty and FEAR began to take it’s toll such that most of us have no idea of who we really are.

But our Father is NOT a Father of fear… but one of LOVE. And He sent His oldest, our brother, to tell us, remind us… guide us… and lead us back. All WE need do is WAKE UP… and LISTEN.

Many here ridicule when I say I hear our Lord. But I do hear him. He is with us. But if we continue to let the climate of this world… and our fear of being “foolish” stand in the way, we will never make it back to where we belong: in bodies of SPIRIT… FREE… with the ability to put on and put off flesh… to come in and out of both the spirit and physical realms as we desire.

Instead, we will let the Adversary [mis]lead us right down the path to destruction, which is his entire goal: to turn us AWAY from God, but turning us AWAY from Christ… and turning us, instead, toward death… and destruction.

God has put before us life… and death… and begged us to CHOOSE life. I implore you, as seeds of the Woman, my fellow spirits bound in flesh with its blood, for your own sake… and for the sake of your children… choose LIFE.

“I am the Way… the Truth… AND THE LIFE.” John 14:6

FIND the Narrow Gate! Go in through the DOOR! KISS THE SON! For just as the curse of Adam came upon his children, the BLESSING of God through Christ, is also for your children.

May those with ears, hear what the Spirit and the Bride KEEP saying:

“Come! Take ‘life’s water’… the holy spirit of God that is poured out upon ALL who are seeking and wishing and thirsting… FREE!”

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Thank you and may you all have peace!

Quit wishing for me to have peace. I dont want peace. Peace is tepid, uninteresting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit