In Memory of Clarice. Musings from the Hills.

by Open mind 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Lovely and insightful OM. I knew a "Clarice" too. There are many good people amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.

Mickey.

• Open mind
    Open mind

BTTT

In the words of Duke Ellington & Bob Russell I...

"Don't Get Around Much Anymore".

...at least to JWN.

There's probably about 5-10 posts I've made on JWN (out of thousands of fluff-stuff) that on re-reading are, IMO, worth pointing out to all the new-comers that have joined since. I know this sounds self-promoting, and I suppose it is to a certain extent, but that's truly not my intent. Just want to help point out what I consider to be a "Best Of" post to save people the hassle of sifting through tons of fluff.

Now get out and enjoy life!!

Best,

om, wife & kids

(WT-free for several years now)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

That was very nice to read of your time with Clarice.

I wish I had known her too.

May I ask are you in a successful Fade?

Love and Hugs to You and Yours,

Just Lois

PS. Give me a few minutes and I will PM you.

• Open mind
    Open mind

LoisLane: "May I ask are you in a successful Fade?"

Yes, our now-young-adult children never got baptized. Oldest child quit meetings & publishing cold-turkey about 3.5 years ago. The rest of us quit attending almost completely about 2 years ago. My son and I went to the Memorial this year. We have also attended a JW funeral.

That's about it.

om

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am glad you bumped this to the top Open Mind. It was beautifully written and it made me sit and think of those that are special in my life. Clarice is a special lady and we would all do well to live life to the fullest like she did. I am happy to hear your family is out and you are together!

• Open mind
    Open mind

My wife and I recently summited Half Dome with some ex-JWs. It was a spectacular experience.

Clarice would be smiling.

om

• cognac
    cognac
    Glad after all these years I finally saw this thread. Beautiful story and I'm glad to see you had a successful fade.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Nice story!

Cognac:

Good to see your comments again!👍

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Loved the post, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit