Well, I'm a dad for the first time all over again

by RisingEagle 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AnneB
    AnneB
    I'd love to post some pics of her but I'll have to wait until after the court declares us her legal guardians later this month.

You might want to reconsider posting pictures. Internet memory is loooooooong. Right now the little girl is probably not concerned about what has transpired but when she's older she might be.

What you and your wife have done for these children is praiseworthy for sure. Best wishes to you!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Thank you everyone for your warm responses! I read them to the Mrs. and you passed the weepy-eye right back to her.

AnneB, you are right about the intertubes having a long memory. I still want to play proud poppa though. I thought I'd start a different thread when the time was right.

Eagle

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Congratulations Rising Eagle! Six is an amazing age! Enjoy all the beauty and wonder as you gaze through your baby's eyes! So glad she will be all yours soon! It sounds so exciting and scary as you wait for the documents, like waiting for the labour to be over and that new baby wrapped in a blanket safely in your arms! You two have loads of love in you! It is so clear from your post! (Have fun carrying all those bags of your professional shopper and her new assistant/protigee!) Your example is heartwarming.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    cook, laundryman, bedtime story reader and prayer leader.

This job description sounds very familiar.

Your efforts done with care and love are the very foundation of why YOU and YOUR WIFE are VIP.

Memories last a lifetime, and you both are an integral part of creating happy child hood memories right now for a very lucky little girl.

Congrats on a "job" in progress well done!

YC

• horrible life
    horrible life

Age 6. I had to close my eyes, and remember 10 years ago, when my daughter was 6. A smile came to my face. That was a fun time. 1st grade, learning, excitement. You are so lucky. And they still like bows in their hair!!!!!

They love to be read to. You can talk about anything, and they are interested. Just sitting back, and watching them play by themselves is fun. You were so young the first time, and you enjoyed it, at your "older" age now, this is going to be GREAT!!!!

Congratulations MOM and DAD!!!!!

PS Does she like steak??

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Congratulations, Dad!

Your story brought tears to my eyes. I hope it has a fairytale ending...

GGG

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations. I wish you all well. My son is 7, and six is a wonderful age! I wish you all joy. I hope her mom can escape the abuse she is receiving. It is rarely ever one person in a family that is victimized. You are being a blessing and being blessed at the same time!!

You really made my day a little better. I have been reminding myself of good things that happened today to me cause it wasn't such an awesome day. You just tipped the scale with your joy. Thank you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit