Meet with elders because "I have left Jehovah"

by Rayvin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

hey rav this is a damn good question. they only want to judge you so talking to them is a waste of time and they got no right to say you have left anyone... thats between you and god. silence is their permission to df you without any further ado...... they like it that way.

i told my grandmother that when they come to her house to play dumb and they will leave her alone. they wont take the time to come visit her often because they dont really care they just want to appear to care.

you guys know you wont ever go back and i like some of the suggestions to put it back on them or make them go on the defensive.

lol best idea i got is for you to say that you are dealing with hard finacial problems and then hit them up for money............. and repeat every time you hear from them or see them.............. they will so RUN AWAY. lol

• JK666
    JK666

USE THE DEPRESSION CARD! You are too depressed to meet with them. You will let you know when I feel better.

Then don't call them. They should let it slide. They are basically feckless jerks.

JK

• Quandry
    Quandry

lol best idea i got is for you to say that you are dealing with hard finacial problems and then hit them up for money............. and repeat every time you hear from them or see them.............. they will so RUN AWAY. lol

Primitivegenius,

I see nothing primitive about it. THIS ANSWER IS PURE GENIUS!!!

Maybe, "I've been going through some hard financial times, and have been having to work extra to make ends meet. I'd like to go to the meetings. Do you think the congregation could help me for awhile until I get caught up ?"

Instant hemming and hawwing..."Uh, well, uh........."

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Is your husband still DF'd? They might be doing their yearly calls on DF'd people.

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

If you don't want to talk to them, simply don't call back.

I like what oompa said on the first page though. I chuckled a bit. Thinks along the lines I do.

If you don't admit to doing wrong, they can't kick you out....If they do kick you out, for just not going to meetings then that would be unfair and that should be dealt with on a higher level.

I totally agree with asking who told them you "left Jehovah".

• Hermano
    Hermano

They are non-paid telemarketers. IGNORE!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

every time you respond to any contact, it just prolongs the drama. Ignore the phone call, get on with your life. If the elder calls back, your husband should go on the attack - how did you get this phone number? It's a private number, no one had any right to give it out. Put the elder in the wrong and then hang up without having said anything of any consequence about himself. It's interesting to me that their authority is totally artifical - it only exists if people go along with it.

• Hermano
    Hermano

I should add my personal experience. After I stopped going to the meetings, my wife told me the elders asked her to ask me if they could talk to me. I told her I had nothing to talk about. She must have told them that cause they have not bothered me since.

What Hortensia said, their authority is totally artifical - it only exists if people go along with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit