Meet with elders because "I have left Jehovah"

by Rayvin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

My husband got a call on his CELL PHONE. An elder from the local KH told him he would like to get with both of us. He said he was just getting in touch with the local people in his cong. that HAVE LEFT JEHOVAH.

Can you give me some suggestions of what to say when I call him back. Even if I should call him back. I am irritated anyway cause a family member would have had to give the elder the cell phone number.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

hello, maybe if we can have some more background info. we can help better.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Background info- I quit going a few years ago just because I don't agree with alot of how the cong handles stuff. Long story (look at my past posts) and my husband was df'd for kissing me back when we were 18 and he tried going back but just couldn't handle the hypocrisy. It wasn't that we didn't believe in the basics of love thy neighbor stuff but things that didn't make logical since but didn't defy Jehovah.

My brother thinks we should call back and tell the elder " We haven't left Jehovah. We feel that Jehovah left the fake, corrupt and false religion taught in the cong. and we left WITH him/her. And we would appreciate it if you didn't call us back again."

• zeroday
    zeroday

They are looking for a reason to Disfellowship you and get you off the books.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    and my husband was df'd for kissing me back when we were 18

That's funny I have a elder cousin that committed adultry and wasn't disfellowshipped...

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

This is all a word play game. The elders are using "Jehovah" thinking it is God where we understand 'Jehovah' as the society or the governing body.

I was asked if I felt I was still part of Jehovah's organization.

Word Play - "I have never left God's organization." (Key note. My definition of God's organization is different than theirs.) See how my answer can be interpreted? They accepted that answer but didn't quite like my remaining comments. Don't know how they took those but they haven't been back.

I do believe that God is watching things and that he is using people, I just don't know who those people are and how he has them organized.

If you still believe in the bible and god, just give the elders generic answers. If you need time to sort yourself out, just tell them that this is not a good time and you'll get back to them when the time is right.

Good Luck

IBAT

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

It seems you have 2 choices depending on what you want the outcome to be.

If you don't want to be df'd say you have been struggling with health issues/depression and thank them for checking up on you...and leave it at that.

If you have nothing to lose and don't need to stay "in" for any relationships....say what your brother suggested....That is GOOD!

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Exactly! Its stuff like that that has kept me and my hubby away. Its sickening. But when/ if I call the elder back.. how much to I go into detail with him. We both know that the convo will get back to his mom who he hasn't been honest with how he feels about ""the truth". He will have to stand up for how he believes finally to his family.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    "We haven't left Jehovah. We feel that Jehovah left the fake, corrupt and false religion taught in the cong. and we left WITH him/her. And we would appreciate it if you didn't call us back again." Rayvin

Yeah, that's the one to go with.

It's a winner.

You can't go wrong with it.

The Pharisaical megalomaniacs of the Watchtower will understand that message.

Let 'er RIP, Rayvin.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

My brother thinks we should call back and tell the elder " We haven't left Jehovah. We feel that Jehovah left the fake, corrupt and false religion taught in the cong. and we left WITH him/her. And we would appreciate it if you didn't call us back again."

if your ready to make an exit, this is a perfect statement. turn the tables on them, control the conversation, keep them off-balance. don't allow them to dance around your questions, give it to them with both barrels.

if your not ready to leave, for whatever reason, act like you are depressed and need some spiritual upbuilding. then after a bit, fade again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit