I just completely lost it with my father!!!

by Es 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

My mums mum is very sick, she has been in hospital the last month with really bad infection, they have tried every time of antibiotics to get rid of it. This last week she has refused to eat and drink, she told my mum she was tired of all of this, and basically said her goodbyes the other night.

We went in on Saturday to see her, my mum was there, and even tho it was a little strained we managed to talk for a few hours it was nice to see her.

I got a phone call off my dad's mum today saying that my nan was deteriorating, so I msg my mum to see if this was true, it wasnt, my nan likes to dramatise things, my mum promised me she would keep me updated. I received a phone call about an hour ago from my nan (dads mum) saying that the infection has cleared up and that she is improving and eating and drinking.

Even tho I was so happy to hear that news I was so angry that they thought my nan who isnt even related deserved to know before I did. So I rang my parents house, my dad answered the phone. I asked if this information was correct he said it was, and thats when I totally lost at him, I was yelling at him through tears why he thought my nan deserved to know before I did, he said that they have told me things first previously, and also justified it that i was there on Saturday. I yelled at him that I get a phone call this arvo saying she was getting worse now I get a phone call saying she was getting better, and that I should have been told first.

I yelled that he doesnt deserve to be a part of my or my childrens life, I said his behaviour is ridiculous and stupid and not coming from someone who supposedly loves me.

I then hung up on him!!!! Hubby was standing by watching and he said you get very scary when your like that but every one of my points were justified.

I dont care that they dont talk to me, but when something like this happens in my family I deserve to be treated with a bit of decency!!!.

Thanks for listening

es

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

(((((((((((Es)))))))))))))) Sorry you were treated so badly. Try not to get too worked up it's not good for the little one on the way. They are not worth the stress.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time. I am glad your nan is feeling better. I hope your heart can heal and you can feel better too. hugs.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You deserve to be emotional. It shocking how JWs become and I can not fathom how JW parents treat their own children. I feel for you, especially as I saw my mother for a couple of minutes the other day for one of the few times since being d/f and it went terribly. I was so emotional about it all I got the flu afterwards.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hun i'm not surprised you were so upset, its bad enough to be treated like that let alone with all the extra hormones raging through your body at the moment(and i know all about that have spent two days non stop crying myself over jws!) Glad your nan is better now though, here's a big hug for you

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Es, Sorry to hear about your grandmom. Glad to hear she is doing better.

It really sucks being the 'odd' man out. I know. I wasn't told my mom (or oldest sister) were getting bad off, either. I was only given the perfunctory 'after the fact' call... "Oh, by the way... mom passed on this morning. We thought you would like to know."

I guess my going off on them worked a bit, as they let me know beforehand - when another one of my sisters got ill. I was then able to be there when she passed.

Hang in there. Perhaps your call to your dad will be his 'wake up' call.

Regards,

Jim TX

• jgnat
    jgnat

Everyone deserves one vent when a loved-one is so sick. Keep an eye on your grandma just in case, now that you know you can't count on your family to keep you current.

Hubby was standing by watching and he said you get very scary when your like that

I hope you don't mind, but this made me smile. Men marry these mysterious, beautiful, soft creatures called "woman" who for the most part answer softly, smell nice, and smile sweetly. Then the new husband sees his wife truly, truly angry for the first time.

No wonder they get scared.

I bet they lay awake at nights wondering how to keep that angry creature at bay.

• unique1
    unique1

((((((((((((ES)))))))))))))

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am sorry Es......They do have some nerve treating you like a distant relative instead of immediate family.....Don't you just feel the love??

I am glad you were able to stand up for yourself though .....Hopefully some of what you said sunk in and maybe he will treat you respectably now.

• oompa
    oompa

Es...I don't really know what to say. I can't get the image of your sick grandma basically waiting to sleep.

and basically said her goodbyes the other night.

Lots of people do not even get to do this, and it has got to be the one moment that must bring everyone together!

so so sorry, and hope you have started them thinking.....oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit