I have seen prayers read at district convention!

by oompa 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

Yes, I like to gaze around during prayers, especially big ones. Twice now I have seen the chairman or concluding speaker finish the song, approach the speaker stand, say "let's approach God in prayer," and at the last second pull out a index card size of paper with writing on it. He kind of cups his hand over as he lays in on top of the song book. Then he prays/reads. It really looks like an outline with binoculars. Has anyone else seen this at any level, even in the hall?

"The pious must not falter in prayer".....oompa

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I can't say that I have ... although I believe it's quite possible. The brother's probably trying to give the most "heartfelt prayer" known to man.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I can't say that I have ... although I believe it's quite possible. The brother's probably trying to give the most "heartfelt prayer" known to man. aND TO

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I can't say that I have ... although I believe it's quite possible. The brother's probably trying to give the most "heartfelt prayer" known to man. And to

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I can't say that I have ... although I believe it's quite possible. The brother's probably trying to give the most "heartfelt prayer" known to man. And to think

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I can't say that I have ... although I believe it's quite possible. The brother's probably trying to give the most "heartfelt prayer" known to man. And to think JWs

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I can't say that I have ... although I believe it's quite possible. The brother's probably trying to give the most "heartfelt prayer" known to man. And to think JWs advise against using prayer

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Jeez! How did that happen? Is that a record for a multiple post?

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I thought it was pretty common that certain jw convention prayers were scripted. I also remember that certain 'talks' at the convo's were scripted as well. When I would look at the (service table? do they still have those?) service table at least two honcho elder types were flipping pages at the same time as the speaker. I wonder if they had a cutoff switch available to them if the speaker deviated from the script?

Eagle

• Gayle
    Gayle

The prayers sounded more like another talk/sermon to the audience anyway!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit