The Satan argument.

by Anti-Christ 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I think, in a situation like that, it would be best NOT to come up with new information that indicates that the person is wrong. It would be better to show why the already existing information is not good enough to substantiate the belief. It makes the circular reasoning a lot more obvious and easier to deal with.

Complicate the situation as little as possible... because honestly, a person like that doesn't WANT to learn anything difficult.

I agree, it's scary to see that some people in this day and age could believe that the earth is flat and I think there is some who do.

• White Dove
    White Dove

If Satan could put bad things into your mind, why could he not also put good things in there, too? Manipulation uses good and bad things. If he actually exists as some say he does, he is powerful and able to do both. He is a figment of the mind of whoever came up with the devil in the Bible. He, his enterage and his friend Hell were created as a tools for control over others by the churches. Pay him no mind. He does not exist. We are powerful enough without him.

• oompa
    oompa

I am pretty sure the WTS has said not to worry about "mind control" in that Satan does not now have even the ability to read our thoughts. And when is the last time there was a major article about someone "demonized" yes "possesed" and the elders came and "cast out" the demon by means of prayer and fasting? Where in HELL are all the demons (ha ha).

Now for the biggie, Demons and Satan are not really that bad after all, so maybe religions don't need them. That's right. Satan calls God a liar, and gets man to sin, and what happens to him? Is he punished and shunned by all the other angels? Nope, he pops up at a heavenly District Convention chatting wih God about Job. So he tortures the hell out of Job while challenging God yet again. So now he is punished and shunned by all the other angels right? Hell no! He has a son of God to kill. So he tests Jesus, then arranges his torture and ghastly death. So NOW Satan is punished and shunned by all the other angels right? Not hardly, cause he has now only been able to hang out in Heaven and Earth for about 5000 years. So almost 2000 years later, the bad boys get kicked out of heaven (but not earth), and apparently are now shunned by the 2/3 of the angels left in heaven.

swift justice rules for the wicked.....oompa

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's a good one!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Okay, I think my question was not clear. Let me try again. Does believing in Satan make you vulnerable to mind control?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

So, does any body religious want to answer my question?

• oompa
    oompa

Sorry AuntieChrist- I meant to add that YES I agree with your premise. Without the fear of an evil entity, or evil place as punishment, most religions have nothing.

but I an not religious....oompa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Does believing in Satan make you vulnerable to mind control?

So, does any body religious want to answer my question?

I am not religious anymore, but I will tackle this. Believing in Satan does contribute to
    mind control. It is common to demonize something outside of the leaders to control the
    members. Without a belief in Satan, non-Christian religions manage just fine to create
    reasons for evil, and so cults would control their members minds by demonizing something
    somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit