How Long Were You In Spiritual "No--Man's Land"???

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, I think we're both simply very different people, with different styles.

I would like to respond to your NYC criticism. I found that link which I use as one of my favorites and I thought you might like to look through it to see what might attract you. Taking offense over me sending you a link which I like and use is puzzling.

You suggest that I'm not supportive here. Or that I merely offer "idle conversation" here. Once again, you're entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree with you.

There are certain posters we tend to "click" with. I have a few that I regularly communicate with. Some posters, I know more personally. Others, I don't.

Rather than set suggestions as to when someone could or should make an inquiry, I'd suggest that you take yourself less seriously. You sound still like an elder.

Having said what I've said, I think you're probably a great guy and I don't want to feud with you as I have nothing against you. And I will continue to "support" you and anyone else that wants to get out of this cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OTWO, I think we're both simply very different people, with different styles.

... I don't want to feud with you as I have nothing against you. And I will continue to "support" you and anyone else that wants to get out of this cult.

Okay, my brother (not in any JW way, but in a real brotherly sense). Let's move on.
    Have a great day and post on.

I swear that the first thing I tried to do when leaving the elderhood was to stop making
    judgments on people. I don't really know you, and I bet we would both be there for
    each other if needed.

I promise that the next time I attack you, it will be all new and this stuff will not resurface
    again. I am just kidding. I don't see a need to attack you again. See ya in the next thread.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks, OTWO!

I hope to be real friends and I promise to try to pay more attention.

• oompa
    oompa

Awesome, I respect both you guys (minimus+otwo). Now, if you two are done.....lol.

2-pages and nobody as asked for clarification on your question? Aren't we supposed to question everything? When does "no mans land start?" With the first doubts? or after you have figured out we are a cult and you still have to go to the meeting?

My first real doubts were at 19 as a pioneer in service with a super DO(we were cong hall for the district convention . So I ask a couple of questions and his great Spiritual Giant answer was "well my friend, sometimes we just have to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps." Prior to that a 15 I did not really think about things from a Spiritual perspective, but I was certain of one thing. This no sex thing was a joke! I had to get a chick in my 9th grade science class undressed or I was gonna DIE! Of course I felt the same way about my art teacher, but that one didn't materalize unfortunately.

Serious doubts popped up for the last 20 years, but did not get serious till 2 years ago, I believe during the Daniel bookstudy. Now I have not been in porchsurfing for over a year, and very rarely attend meetings.

so apply your own answer to the question.....oompa

• minimus
    minimus

Those bookstudies are a breeding ground for would be apostates, huh?

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

everytime i missed a couple of meetings i began to doubt......but then went back and thought my gosh the things satan puts in your head when you're out even just a little bit..........then miss again...then go...for about 4 years before they finally said STAY OUT!!! LOL THANKS WTB&TS...i just couldn't make that decision on my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit