How Long Were You In Spiritual "No--Man's Land"???

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When you started understanding that the "Truth" wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, how long did it take for you to get mentally and/or physically out???

• wings
    wings

I'm just taking my first steps....I'll let you know later

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

5 long years!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It took me about seven years from the time I became inactive in the JW meaning of the word, no preaching and very irregular attendance, until the time that I gave in my disaasociation letter.

At first I had enough reasons to seriously doubt that the JWs were the true religion and by the end of that period I was 95% sure that they were not at all what they claimed to be.

When the internet arrived and I checked them out on the few remaining uncleared issues I soon became 100% sure that they were an elaborate deception.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I began having problems with broken promises within a few months after being baptized. Stupidly, I was scammed into waiting another 8 years before tapering my meeting attendance and service, and another 8 years after that before zeroing out all activity. And another 2 years before I am ready to fully do Christmas (I got on apostate Web sites last year, and felt that the lights all came on when I did so.)

• greendawn
    greendawn

I gave them just a year to prove their promises of providing a loving brotherhood to replace relatives and friends left behind in the world. I even pioneered that one year to show that I really meant business. But nothing good came from them, I had no social life due to their inhospitable nature and so I packed in all activity.

• minimus
    minimus

I was still an elder for a FEW years before I finally "stepped aside" (resigned) and just stopped going to meetings. So far, my fade has been successful.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It took more than 10 years to free my mind totally from doubt.

I will tell you what did it, but keep it a secret.

We transfered to a Foreign Language Congregation. I was still
    trying to learn the language while attending the meetings.
    I did okay with other European languages, but this one was much
    harder for me. My focus was on the language so much, that my
    "spiritual" focus was pretty-much abandoned. I already had doubts
    and already understood "the truth" and it just kept repeating the
    same doubtful doctrines.

Anyway, with my mind free from the continual indoctrination at the
    meetings and the focus on the language, my mind was able to
    realize logic flaws and my mind demanded that I finish resolving my
    doubts.

You active JW faders, if your spouse wants to go to foreign language,
    give a serious consideration to it. Your spouse just might do what
    I did.

• minimus
    minimus

Did your spouse stay in??

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I was still an elder for a FEW years before I finally "stepped aside" (resigned) and just stopped going to meetings. So far, my fade has been successful.

Ditto.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit