Obves correct! Yearbook 75 says BABIES who take blood won't live forever!!!

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest jw friends

• mathilde
    mathilde

When my son needed a blood transfusion (heart operation) we let him have it.

We didn´t know if he wanted to be a JW later in his life and we wanted to give him the chance to choose.

We prayed a lot about it and we were ready to be killed in the great A for it-we found that the WT had so many dangerous and -in our opinion-strange doctrins, that we wouldn´t and couldn´t sacrifice our child on the alter of the watchtower.

We took him to a hospital far from our home town and didn´t tell anybody about it until one dag after he had the operation and the tubes were out.

Nobody came to see the child anyhow, my husband had been DF d, and it was a long journey to the hospital-so we were left in peace.

He´s a nice,healthy young man today, living a good life and he choose not to be a JW :-)

Yet, for many many years we were afraid for Jehovah´s revenge.

Mathilde

• Gill
    Gill

OBVES! - Children who need blood transfusions can just have different bits of the blood, in the form of blood fractions, on different days, in different infusions! This is now allowed by the 'mouth piece of God'!! Therefore, it is no longer a problem if a child needs a blood transfusion. Just fraction it all up and God will not mind! Easy!!

No one need worry about losing their everlasting life anymore!

Blood transfusion for Jehovah's Witlesses are no longer a problem!

Halleluladedadeda!

• FairMind
    FairMind
    What do you bet if you asked ten JWs this question, none of them would know this is their religion's stance on this. I guarantee none of them would know that it's the baby whose everlasting life would be in jeopardy.

So true... and the sad part is that the whole idea of the baby dying at God's hands because of the blood transfusion is not real knowlege but a bunch of hooey.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Mathilda...thanks for sharing I'm glad you chose wisely...and saved him to make his own choice.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote:

Since the blood ban was supposed to be a Bible-based position (like all the Watchtower teachings don't you know) could someone show me any Scriptures that say "You must abstain from blood.

Slavery, polygamy, and war are all Bible based and approved by God from the same book the Society uses to ban blood medical treatment. Slavery, polygamy, and war are all spoken of very clearly in the Bible while blood medical treatment is never mentioned once.

Why doesn't the Society allow slavery, polygamy, and war? :-)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Acts 15 doesn't say "abstain ye from blood, and fornication and ye things strangled, while ye fractions shall ye be a conscience matter before the Lord." Why come down so hard on fornication no touch or oral yet the blood law is made less strict.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

mathilde....Good for you to use both your brain and your heart. I would guess it is one of the best decicions you made in your life.

Even if we presume the existence of the God of the Old Testament (which I don't know whether or not you still believe), there was no cause for you to worry about your decision afterward. The two passages that forbid the consumption of blood in the OT (Genesis 9 and Leviticus 17) do so because a life has been taken, a soul has been killed, and the blood is given to God to atone for the act of shedding blood (for the life of the creature was believed to be in the blood). That is the reason why blood from a slaughtered creature was to be poured to the ground; otherwise God would hold the person accountable for taking another creature's life. In the case of transfusions, people are not slaughtered when they give blood. You do not benefit from the death of the person who gave you his or her blood when you accept a transfusion. So there is nothing to atone for. In fact, by doing what you did to save another person's life, you abided by the commandment given in Leviticus 19:16-18 which is one of the only OT commandments that the NT (gospels + Paul + James) insists that Christians should follow. It was the basis of Jesus' ethic in the synoptic gospels, allowing him to claim that other commandments can be relaxed when it comes to "saving life" (Mark 3:4).

See my discussion in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/141099/1.ashx

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Today, Jews have to soak meat in salt and cleanse as much blood as possible before it to be eaten. Transfusions are okay. Witnesses do this backwards...don't ask or bother about meat...but Transfusions are banned.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yup, that's a big point. Here is a good example of blood in ordinary meat:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/114776/2536470/post.ashx#2536470

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Surely a baby is not able to judge good and bad....how can a baby be judged if THE PARENTS give it blood????? Is Jehovah so cruel and merciless to judge a 6 day old baby??

YES!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit