freaky fortunes

by bigdreaux 16 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

so, missanna and i go to lunch today. we go for chinese food. i am considering giving up mechanic work and going into sales. i'm really thinking about it, but, am hesitant. mechanic work is all i know. anna does sales, and her boss and co-workers always tell me i should be doing the same thing. as her boss put it, "you can b.s. with anyone from a businessman to a janitor". so, i am thinking about it while the bill is delivered. i open my fortune cookie, and it says "do not be afraid to take that big step". now, a few weeks ago, anna was having dinner with her boss telling him what she felt was wrong with the company. when she opens her cookie, it says "they will appreciate your honesty". a few weeks before that, my sister and i were talking about the witnesses. i was telling her how people weren't always what they seemed to be. and usually the most "upright" people have the most to hide. i open my cookie and it says "the straightest trees have the most crooked roots"

i find it very weird. has anyone actually followed the advise of a fortune and had it work out? i just think this is really weird. not that i'm saying "that's it, i must do it now" i just find that everytime we go eat chinese, something weird like this happens.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"the straightest trees have the most crooked roots"... in bed.

ain't it da trooth? :P~

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Bigd -

Never had that happen, but maybe you should give it a try. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and it may just work out for you, you never know until you try.

Keep you safety net, but give it a try!!

nj

• Mum
    Mum

Too cool, bigd! I did hear of lottery winners who played the numbers on the back of those fortunes.

As to whether you should go into sales, would you be able to go back to your former occupation if you didn't like it?

Regards,

SandraC

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

haha sixofnine, you play the in bed game too? lol

ex nj- missanna makes enough to support both of us. i am an alpha male type and don't want that burden on her, but, if i try it, and it doesn't work out, we will be okay.

mum i can get another mechanic job in a second. mechanics are in very high demand here. but, i've been doing it for 10 years now. i'm ready for a change. but, yeah, i can easily go back if it doesn't work.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I think her boss is right, I think you would be good in sales too.

Good salespeople earn a great living.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bigd, I think you should market fortune cookies.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    Bigd, I think you should market fortune cookies

haha. well, her i have been told you need to sell a product you believe in. if nothing else, they taste good. lol

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

May I ask what you would be selling?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i'm not sure yet. i'm open to anything. i am talking to a guy that owns a business selling tools and welding equipment to stores. the territory is already established. i just have to take it over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit