Comments You Will Not Hear at the WT Study (COVETOUSNESS)

by WT Comments 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

As a nominal JW, I regret to say that we are getting to the sensitive period of the year where we'll have fund raising articles in the WT about every month until december. In France, as about in any country I suppose, donations to religious registered organizations (Association cultuelle des TJ de France is one, overhere) are deductible from taxable income. This week article is paving the way for the next one which is quite graphic in this respect.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I can just hear them singing the ole' song: Give me that ole' time religion, give me that ole' time religion, ........It's good enough for me.

Blueblades

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well done.

While the premise of the article seems noble - the intent is not. The intent of this organization is always hidden in the subterfuge.

I have not seen the Watchtower in years now. But let me guess the idea and substance of the second article [always the harder hitting one] -

" Let Your Manner of Life Be Free of the Love of Money" - [subtitled; how to donate all your time and money to the WTS].

Jeff

Edited to add; Could someone tell me if I am close?

• dark angle
    dark angle

Wow i love all your Watchtower-buster comments!!!!!!!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Over and over and over again, the WT sees their role as being the arbiter of behavior, rather than the teaching of principles.

I was in a surreal conversation Saturday; a relative met up with a woman who was no longer a witness, but said she was now Jewish.

My relative was stunned, and was laughing at her like she was an idiot, saying something about the "tradition" (laughing) of the Jews.

I held my tongue, but wanted to say that we are more like Jews than Christian; we have so much "respect" for the Law's principles. The WT

is just the Talmud in weekly installments; at least the Talmud had stability over centuries, eh?

Why can't the WT just say: Our happiness does not come from external sources, like money, prestige, sex, fame, etc. Why all the badgering?

• V
    V
    " Let Your Manner of Life Be Free of the Love of Money"Could someone tell me if I am close?

...chortle... actually it is: Are You "Rich Toward God"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit