A rhetorical analysis of the Sept. KM Question Box

by Leolaia 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

By 2007 I was missing a lot of the Tuesday night meetings. Those I did attend I left during the halftime song, so I wouldn't have heard this part discussed anyway. I'd always figure, the service meeting is for people who go witnessing. I didn't go witnessing. I pretended to do RVs on Saturdays and put in a monthly report with a made-up figure. Which means, dammit, the figure they put in the 2007 annual report of "total hours spent in field" (1,488,658,249) was somewhat wrong. Should I tell them?

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you 3Mozzies for the scan of the article.

This is an important item to keep for reference.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Bump

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It really is quite brutal when it's broken down like that. Stupid bloody cult...

I had just woken up to the fact it was a cult just before that KM came out.

• Lost.Sheep
    Lost.Sheep

One day, after being df for a few years, it hit me... CULT!!! Now when I read literature from them I ask myself, "Why did my family buy into this, and why did it take me so long to see how wrong it is?" I'm glad that I can read between the lines now.

Thanks for the breakdown of the QB. NOBODY thinks for me... That's why God gave us "thinking ability" in the first place!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Leo,

Excellent analysis. I had to put my thinkink cap to even comprehend the angles from which the original piece was debunked.

I have a sidebar question - are you UK or US based, if you don't mind....

• life is to short
    life is to short

This is such a great post.

I am reading the book "when God becomes a drug" by Leo Booth and he states that in that book on page 30 "for thousands of years, humans beings have been accustomed to living under an authoritarian theocracy in which the few, the chosen, and the called control the many. This divinely appointed power group claims not only to speak for God but insists that it is the only way to God. From the cradle on, we are trained to look to someone else to tell us what to do, when to do it, and what will happen if we don't. So it so it is that people allow themselves to be abused in the name of God."

When I read that it reminded me of the Sept 07 KM and I just had to get up in the middle of the night and try to find it. This is such a great post that I wanted to bump it up again.

LITS

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

If I had seen this KM back in '07 it would have made me mad.

It's a good thing I miss so many meetings, and don't read any literature.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

elderelite5 years ago
    Sombody with enough knowledge or who is willing to take time to learn about mormons needs to rewrite this! that is an excellent idea and one that has HUGE potential. Nothing will work on everyone and nothing is a surefire but I think that could have a huge impact on some, to read that as written for mormons and then be told its true origins...

Agreed, something to add to the arsenal at our disposal. There is a poster on this site who is an ex Mormon. I will see if I can contact him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit