ATTN WT MONITORS!! Enforcement Action Needed NOW!!

by Open mind 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

MY GOD - what is next? Will dubs soon begin to ignore prohibitions on oral and anal sex too. And drinking too much.

Why, soon pioneers might actually count the time during coffee breaks, even fudge the time box a couple hours.

Quick! Let's produce some strong counsel and put it in the 'Jw only' Watchtowers. That should work. Yes. Let's begin the mind-control soon. Oh wait.......

Jeff

• BrentR
    BrentR

deleted

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am not too worried about this trend. I'm sure the hounder-hounders are fully aware of the developing trends, and they are reporting it to headquarters. Once the Kool-Aid Puketowers start rolling out, they will address this issue with force, threatening to disfellowship or mark those participating in such debased activity as dancing, having picnics, and listening to real music.

All I need to do is tie in the resolution passed at the 2006 A$$embly (found at www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/115757/1.ashx . And to think that once the Puketower Kool-Aid editions start coming out, they might in fact go ahead and formally ban entertainment within a relatively short time. Even if they don't outright ban entertainment, they will come out and tighten up the requirements to pioneer (back to 150 hours and as many "back calls" as you can properly handle in that time) and/or require everyone to pioneer. I don't think they are going to just sit back and allow Witlesses to enjoy themselves without taking some harsh measures.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks to all for the humor and insight shown so far.

I'll be curious to see if any crackdown actually occurs. I have a gut feeling that it won't happen unless these events start getting a little too "wild". But so far they've been very wholesome, (fairly boring) and actually a healthy social outlet. As a general rule I've not seen any alcohol present which probably helps keep things from getting too rowdy for JW tastes. If a serious crackdown was implemented it would hit the JWs locally at a gut level. It would be very bad for "morale" and I think everybody knows that. So, even though it goes against Borg direction on "Christian gatherings", I think they'll continue.

It seems to me that for about 10 years or so, the only big gatherings were weddings or going away parties. Then about 5 years ago (around here, US West Coast) more parties just for the sake of having a party started happening. Has anyone else noticed a similar trend?

Open Mind

• erandir
    erandir
    Then about 5 years ago (around here, US West Coast) more parties just for the sake of having a party started happening. Has anyone else noticed a similar trend?

Yeah...our congregation would organize a couple a year over the past 7 years, I'd say because that's all I've known of the witnesses is 7 years. They still do occassionally and there are smaller gatherings on a book study-size level as well.

• BrentR
    BrentR

But wouldn't that time be better spent in field service or personal bible study?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit