Do you know any staunch "Trinitarians" that quit believing in the Trinity?

by booker-t 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I wonder why God would care - monothiest, doutarian, trinitarian, or quadratarian.

All the terms, and the corresponding concepts used to explain them are human - designed to describe what we can't describe based on a holy writ and confusing testimony.

Jeff

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    the Trinity seeks to solve the pesky problem of having apparently two Gods, God the son as well as God the Father. Christians were in danger of getting accused of believing in two Gods.

I think the bible actually teaches that they are the same. He was YHVH for the Israelites then he became Jesus (YHVH is salvation) for the 1st Century Jews and gentiles. This is the reason that YHVH isnt found nearly as much as it is in the old testament because the name is in Jesus. The NWT actually replaces Kurios with Jehovah when the verses are actually referring to Jesus.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

VanillaMocha73:

I would have to respectfully differ with that opinion. A rational examination of the Scriptures has led me to that belief.

I said evidence, not words in a book.

As you rightly point out many verses in the New Testament are easily compatible with the idea that Jesus is God. As I'm sure you're also aware, many others are less so. At best though, the verses you cite indicate a "Binity" rather than a Trinity.

None of that really matters though, as determining what the various people who wrote the bible believed tells us nothing about the way the universe really is. Obviously, most of those who have chosen to believe in the Trinity have also chosen to believe in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit