WTBTS Now hinting at having LARGE families?????

by annalice 35 Replies latest jw friends

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Well if they have large families, hope they have lots of money cos the WTS not gonna help em.

• Mary
    Mary
    skeeter asked: Does anyone have an old WT/Awake/KM article on "not having children" in the last days? Need a scan of it (or know where to look).

Here's a couple:

*** FACE THE FACTS (book), pp. 46, 49-50 ***

Would it be Scripturally proper for them to now marry and begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the Scriptures. […] Those Jonadabs who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone…

*** Watchtower November 1 1938 p. 324 ***

There is no reasonable or scriptural injunction to bring children into the world before Armageddon, where we are now.

*** Children (book) 1941 p. 366-367 ***

Armageddon is surely near, and during that time the Lord will clean off the earth all that is disagreeable. Then, by His grace we shall begin our life with a greater vision, and prolonged joy…From now on we shall have our heart devotion fixed on the THEOCRACY knowing that soon we shall journey forever together on the earth…We can well defer our marriage until lasting peace comes to the earth. Now we must add nothing to our burdens, but be free and equipped to serve the Lord

*** Awake! November 8 1974 p.11 ***

A great crowd of people are confidant that great destruction is imminent, which has been a major factor in their decision not to have children.

*** Watchtower 1988 March 1 pp.18-22 Childbearing Among God’s People ***

Childbearing Among God’s People
    Childbearing Today

15 How should Christians view marriage and childbearing today, in this "time of the end"? (Daniel 12:4) It is truer than ever that "the scene of this world is changing," or, as another translation puts it, "the present scheme of things is rapidly passing away."-1 Corinthians 7:31, Phillips.

16 Now, as never before, "the time left is reduced." Yes, only a limited time remains for Jehovah’s people to finish the work he has given them to do, namely: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) That work must be accomplished before the end comes. It is, therefore, appropriate for Christians to ask themselves how getting married or, if married, having children will affect their share in that vital work.

Do husbands always realize that taking care of a baby or a young child often prevents their wives from getting full benefit from the Congregation Book Study, Kingdom Hall meetings, circuit assemblies, and district conventions? Such a situation can last for months, and even years, when baby follows baby. It is in the nature of things that the load, in this respect, falls mainly on the mother, rather than on the father. It has sometimes been observed that whereas some Christian men progress spiritually, even to the point of being assigned privileges in the congregation, their wives become spiritually weak. Why? Often it is because their young children prevent the wives from concentrating at meetings, doing deep Bible study, or sharing in a large measure in the witnessing work.

Fortunately, this is not always the case. Many Christian fathers do their utmost to share the load of looking after the children. They take their full share in seeing that their children remain quiet during congregation meetings. If their baby starts to cry, or their child becomes boisterous, they in their turn will take it outside for appropriate discipline.

10 Some young couples have decided to remain childless. Although the wives had maternal instincts just as strong as those in other women, they decided, in agreement with their husbands, to refrain from having children in order to devote themselves to serving Jehovah full-time. Many of them have served as pioneers or missionaries. They can now look back over the years with gratitude.

11 Many married couples throughout the world who have relinquished the joys of parenthood have been able to serve Jehovah in the circuit work, the district work, or at Bethel. These likewise look back with satisfaction over their lives spent serving Jehovah and their brothers in these special privileges. They have no regrets.

The Christian who has chosen to remain single will use his or her freedom, not for self-indulgence, but to work "whole-souled as to Jehovah," if possible in some form of full-time service. (Colossians 3:23; 1 Corinthians 7:32) Similarly, a married couple who decide to refrain from having children will not selfishly ‘make use of the world to the full’ but will give Kingdom service the largest possible place in their lives.-1 Corinthians 7:29-31.
  • Gayle
    Gayle

The article noted there too a couple with several children pioneering also. This is crazy! The WT organization is so "short-sighted." Childhood goes quickly and giving children all you can give is plenty 'ministry' enough for parents of any size family, especially a large size family. The GB don't have children so what do they know. Maybe one or two GB had a child but most didn't. Then, all those children are taught to pioneer when they should be taught to get all the education/schooling they should get to face the reality of their future. I had five children and thank God, the WT Society didn't any of them!

• JH
    JH

Not so many years ago, the Watchtower said, "It's no time to have children, we are too close to the end."

• shell69
    shell69

Well this is one in the eye for all the snotty self righteous pioneer wives who looked down their nose at me when I was having my children.

The borg is just making it up as it goes along!

SHELL

• shell69
    shell69

Well this is one in the eye for all the snotty self righteous pioneer wives who looked down their nose at me when I was having my children.

SHELL

• shell69
    shell69

SHELL

• freyd
    freyd

WHEN PASTOR RUSSELL DIED p 7-12 "So this suddenly obscure doctrine came to the fore, and as the new 'flashes of light' increased in brilliance, the brethren were told that more and more were going into second death.......To leave this channel was looked at as the blackest of all sins.....to be considered part of the man of sin.........This popular trend of so-called 'increasing light' continued until it was discovered that so many were going into second death that there wouldn't be enough people left of those who had lived and died to fill the earth........The Scriptures of course do not teach any any such absurd notion....something had to be done...So the next 'flash of light' revealed that those who accept these teachings and work hard to promulgate them, will live through the 'time of trouble,' get married and have large families......the advancement of this fantastic theory of 'filling the earth' seemed like a logical thing to do. Like every other false doctrine, it was 'proved' a.....'cunningly devised fable'........As in Babylon, fear took the place of love and became the driving power behind all their activities; and fear was implemented with the fear of second death to all who dared question the 'new light'......The theme song of restitution for the condemned race no longer stirred their hearts." Sounds like they might be dusting off one from their old play-book.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

howdidly doudley black swan

Shell

howdidly doudley shell!!

• shell69
    shell69

whoops; so sorry, dont know how my post happened three times!!! EEEK! not too good with this pc lark!

Black Swan; Howya doin?

Shell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit