WTBTS Now hinting at having LARGE families?????

by annalice 35 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    From the article: Today, many Christians decide to limit the size of their families for spiritual, economic, social, and other reasons. Nevertheless, large families remain the norm in many societies.

I don't know - the above sentences is one of those "read between the lines" sentences. It sounds like a "you shouldn't have a huge family, but if you're from a region where it's encouraged then you better make sure they become witnoids" articles.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok first: thanks for the how to get there (annalice) and the link itself (Gopher).

Uhm, the impression I got was more like Daniels. I think they were saying something like: IF you have a large family, it may be a challenge, but you can still produce "God fearing Witnesses". "Let us give you some fine examples out of African countries and with that here are some ideas for fine association."

Funny the suggestions sort of reminded me of Ned Flanders....

• shell69
    shell69

howdidly doudley black swan

Shell

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

How do they think the Mormons surpassed them? They should've figured the large family thing out by now....

• steve2
    steve2

Yay, how fantastic: Another good reason to copulate.

Imagine: More children being born into the religion means two things: A larger number of nominal JWs and a larger number of disfellowshipped JWs. Always look on the bright side of life!!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I started a very similar thread yesterday...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/141944/1.ashx

My thinking is the WTBTS is considering its income. In 1938, when remaining childless was first(?) recommended by the Org, it was relying on new converts and had the added benefit of couples having no issue to name in Wills.

The Org has survived longer than it should have (maybe it DID only budget short term?) and converts have 'dried up'. The Org needs to breed a new generation to fund it. Cynical? Moi?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

skeeter1 - Watchtower, Nov. 1, 1938, p. 324

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Article is from The Watchtower February 15, 1999, so it is not new.

It is on the website to mislead the public into thinking that JWs have a normal, healthy, view on raising a family.

My daughter is waiting for Paradise before she has kids. She is not 'weak in the faith' like those foolish ones who are marrying and having children so close to the time of trouble.

Cheers

Chris

• greendawn
    greendawn

As the public gets better informed and the JWs make themselves better known to society as a queer minded cult that kills members through the absurd blood ban and that destroys families with its shunning policy new recruits/victims are drying up.

They must, at least in the western world, rely on inner growth though again its insane policies drive most JW kids away.

• changeling
    changeling

My frst thought was: "Just what the world needs, more uneduacted window washers"

I guess the Society has decided to "go Mormon" and increase their numbers "from within." Grasping at straws is all this is.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit