To rem: Re: Keirsey Personality Types

by Esmeralda 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Seems like my personality type is as reflexive as ever. Back in the spring of this year, when I last did this test I came out as an Artisan (SP).

Now, having completed the test once more I lose a couple of % points in my genius as I now have turned Rational (NT)

Rationals tend to be pragmatic, skeptical, self-contained, and focussed on problem solving and systems analysis. Pride themselves on being ingenious, independent and strong willed. MAKE REASONABLE MATES, individualising parents and Strategic Leaders.

Even tempered, trust logic, yearn for achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology and dream of understanding how the world works.

Rationals are the problem solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the many complex systems in the world around us. Rationals might tackle problems in organic systems such as plants and animals ... or social systems such as families, companies and governments. But whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyse them to understand how they work, so they can figure them out to make them work better.

Rationals are very scarce, comprising as little as 5-7% of the population. But because of their drive to unlock the secrets of nature, and to develop new technologies, they have done much to shape our world.

The four types are Achitects, Fieldmarshalls, Inventors, Masterminds.

Quite accurate discription of myself especially as I work within social systems design within UK think tank in community regeneration. Unlocking the secrets of nature, this made me laugh, oh yes, how very very true.

This happy bundle seeks similar!!

All the best!!

celtic

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Xena, I'm an Idealist too! Guess we're in good company, eh??

I took the other test that Mulan posted, came out as an INFP:

You focus deeply on your values and devote your life to chasing ideals... you often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group. You're creative and seek new ideas and possibilities. You quietly push for what's important to you, and rarely give up. You might be somewhat gentle or have a good sense of humor, you could be hard to get to know and overlooked by others...you like to make the world more in line with your vision of perfection.

If you're a teenager, you probably have a bit of a rebellious streak. You might argue with others who hold different values than yourself..you probably have a small close-knit group of friends...you can relax around these pals and be pretty entertaining, since you see the world in a different and special way... that's why your posts on the Storm Palace are so great!

Inner harmony is the most important thing to you. You're sensitive and loyal. You have a strong sense of honor concerning your personal values. You'd rather communicate your feelings in writing...

You do best in a flexible situation where the teacher/collegue takes a personal interest in you...you like to interact with your peers, but not TOO much ...you have both creativity and flexibility, and you like that about yourself....you don't get bogged down by details...your job must be fun and it must be meaningful to you....you don't wanna feel conspicuous so you'll sell yourself short just to avoid the spotlight...

You can be a gentle and subtle leader...being indirect and inclusive of others...you don't confront people head-on, but rather work with 'em to get the job done....you lead with your values in mind and let these guide you...you don't like conflict, so you don't confront situations directly.. you'd rather wait for a situation to work itself out....

Leisure and kickin' back is really important to you. sometimes it is hard to separate work from play, huh? when you find a new recreational pursuit, you do a lot of reading up on it...most of your leisure things are done alone, like reading, listening to music, and even BBSing....when you want to be sociable, you can be very charming and outgoing..

Love is a very deep commitment to you...it's not easily attained...you probably pick out flaws or are disappointed when he or she doesn't match up to your ideal as to what love should be like...first dates are very well set up to make sure everything is taken care of so it can be "just right." you might have a hard time sharing feelings about others...you tell so many feelings inside that you forget to tell your partner that you love 'em or whatever....

If the relationship goes bad, you take it to heart, but probably don't tell many others about it....you have a tendency to overreact, huh? Other things to watch for...don't get so caught up in your dreams that you don't consider others' points-of-view...you might not adjust your vision to the facts of a situation...you may need a "reality check" once in a while... also, don't try to please everyone and be so hesitant to criticize... don't delay projects 'cause you're holding out for perfection...it's not gonna come...don't get overly critical because no one matches your perfect ideals... you could lash out and it could get ugly.

INFP: "I Never Find Perfection"

Some of it's true, some isn't. When I took the real test a few years ago, I was right between being an I and an E; how like me! I can't make up my mind!!

Dana

"...I'd walk with my people if I could find them..."

Third Eye Blind, Deep Inside of You

• Mum
    Mum

I've taken the test several times, once with professional supervision. I come up as an INTP every time. The psychologist / vocational counselor told me that I move back and forth between the thinking and feeling modes with a slight preference for the T, so I'm also partly INFP. We are among the more unsual types, about 1% or less of the population.

Famous INTP's are Albert Einstein and Bill Gates most notably.

I have read the profiles of the 16 types so often that I am usually able to identify a person's type after I have known him or her for a few weeks. If I don't get the type, the temperament (SJ=guardian; SP=artisan; NF=idealist; or NT=rational) is usually easy to figure out.

Something tells me I'm an underachiever.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

oooh i just love these things! here's mine from this site: http://haleonline.com/psych/

ENTP

Ok. Ready? You like to chase the novel and complex. You have faith in your ability to overcome any challenges you face...highly independent...value adaptability and innovation...you encourage and value change...

You need freedom for action...you resist hierarchy and structure...you push against all odds to further your projects with your entrepreneurial tendencies...you can argue and find the flaws in any position...

How'm I doing so far? You rarely accept things just as they are...you like to test new meanings and relationships..when you don't get what you want, you use your cleverness and ingenuity to bring people around to your point of view...when you choose a career, you tend to set flexible goals that allow you to incorporate new information and accommodate to new circumstances...

"Keep your options open" is your middle name... you like to explore the "road not taken." Your flexibility can look like indecision to others who don't have a clue about you..you take advantage of opportunities...you realize potential of many things because of your ability to see connections and relationships between SEEMINGLY unrelated things...you cannot be ordered around, but rather handle things best when they are *suggestions*....like posting more on the Storm Palace BBS you love excitement...

Competence is key to you.. you don't take advice or respect someone you don't see as competent...you want work to be enjoyable..you're a relentless learner. Knowledge is important to you...you use your enthusiasm to get others involved in your learning...you learn through give-and-take discussions and by questioning and challenging others....you like challenging your teachers and colleagues...limitations are mere challenges to you...you take initiative, and once the ball is rolling, you like to turn it over to someone else...

You like to organize logically and strategically....your work space might not LOOK organized, but underneath it all is a system that works for you. You like to have an impact...you need a job that allows you to be innovative. you like to take risks and explore...an open calendar for the weekend is really appealing...you're often "in on the latest things..."...you like travel, 'cause it allows you to open up new vistas and horizons (corny, huh?).

Falling in love happens when there's a good "fit" with another person...you often know after the first meeting whether there's any "real potential"... you may not like to commit until that right person comes along...therefore you probably won't settle down early...you don't like to lose at ANYthing you undertake...you're a born enterpriser...

Things to be on guard for: you have a great fear of looking dumb or incomp- etent..you may tend to think you have the perfect solutions for problems, and may become competitive when others challenge you... you might start to think that you're the only one who's in on the truth of things, so you might not like to listen to the input of others...you may have the tendency to overextend yourself as you jump in on lots of ideas without considering how long it takes to work 'em through... commit to too many projects? ...you are a rebel.. you find it difficult to accept standard operating procedures.. and hate HAVING to follow exact rules or policies...learn to work within the system.

ENTP: "Each New Thought Propels"

and from this site: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Portrait of the Champion (eNFp)
    Copyrighted © 1996 Prometheus Nemesis Book Company.
    The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and extraverted when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which eNFps possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, eNFps strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, eNFps fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

hmmm, very interesting....i think the first one desribes me better than the second test. i don't think i'm into "super intense emotions". i try to always check and ask myself "WHY am i reacting with such jealousy, anger, hurt, etc" instead of just reacting. anyway...thanks for the links!!

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Esmeralda,

thanks for the post and the link.

I'll read it and post my comments.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• JanH
    JanH

Thanks Mony. That sounds very YOU indeed.

ESTJ

You like to roll up your sleeves, dig in and go right at getting the job done. you use logic and analysis as guiding principles in your life. You're quick to decide and set out a plan of action. You make sure commitments (your own and those of others) are honored and the job gets done.

You value team sports, and other group activities. If something is the tradition of your job or school, you'll take part in it. You know that you have to "earn your keep" and take responsibility for yourself...you take your roles seriously (father, employee, student, or whatever).

You learn best in structured settings...you're a take charge kinda person.. you can deliver when there's a specific task with deadlines...you have an orderly and logical way of evaluating things..

You like a task-oriented and structured atmosphere...you get a thrill outta accomplishments and just having finished something...efficiency is important to you....with you, "what you see is what you get."

You are the prototypical leader. You give advice freely, you take charge, you wanna fix the problems...you are quick, direct, and crisp at getting to the core of the situation...others might look at you as tough, driven, or heartless, though..

You put work before pleasure, and know when to do which...fun time is often seen as a reward for accomplishing a task...you know that you should post on the Storm Palace message base before playing the games....right? :)... you don't just go for walks.. the walk hasta have a purpose...

Love means stability and steadfastedness...however, when you fall in love, this is pretty much the only time you'll be flexible and spontaneous... you expect security and loyalty in relationships...you logically expect that a relationship will have its ups and downs, so let the other person weather the tough times, when you should be helping perhaps...you don't like to let others see your hurt feelings....you're supersensitive to being rejected and may not always share that hurt...

Things to watch for: you might decide too quickly and to form opinions how things "ought to get done." But what happens when circumstances change? Also, don't walk on others feelings...it's part of working with others and you don't particularly consider this part often...when you get emotional and you've been holding stuff inside, a seemingly minor incident will set off an explosion...don't forget to consider others' values and opinions.

ESTJ: "Execution Saves The Job"

Well, not sure that's really me... some things matched, other things do not. Was fun anyway

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Wow, lots of rare personality types here! Thanks Mulan for the halo thread I like the discriptions...once again I'm INFJ, that makes all three sites LOL not a surprise. Here's the halo description for my fellow Counselor Idealists:

You're future-oriented, and direct your insight and inspiration towards understanding yourself and thereby, human nature...your work mirrors your integrity....reflects your inner ideals...solitude and a chance to concentrate thoroughly on what counts most is important to you...you like to quietly exert your influence...you have deeply felt compassion and desire harmony with others...you'll go to great lengths to avoid conflict...

You understand the complexities existing within people...you don't call a lot of attention to yourself...you like to let your accomplishments do your talking....you look for a small group of people who understand and appreciate you and hang with them....you're gentle and don't like violence...

You'd rather have a few close friends instead of be at a big party ...you'll do well in college as your "day in the sun" where your brains count more than they did in that ol' shallow high school...you want your work to contribute to the general good...

You have a strong love of learning...you get along well with teachers and older people...you write well 'cause you can formulate your ideas clearly... you have integrity and consistency....you don't like the "politics" at work.. you'd rather be able to talk honestly with people than "play games." (you still play games on the Storm Palace, but would rather post! :) )...intuitive insights into situations...

You're quiet yet persistent and determined in your efforts toward long-term goals....when you work toward your vision, you win cooperation rather than demand it...even if you don't lead others, you still facilitate things... leisure time usually is solitary or involves the company of others particularly important to you...you're perfectly happy just sitting around with close buds discussing feelings...you'd rather have longstanding friends than make many new acquaintences...these deep friendships are important to you, even though you may not share much about yourself...

You become attracted to someone special and prefer this one deep one over many superficial ones...this depth, though, is only partially communicated outwards...you like a regular "date", revisiting the place where you first met your mates, or doing other symbolic things that help to continue or confirm the existence of the bond.

You may have an ideal standard of the way love is...you're often disappointed when reality doesn't quite match up....you want to give love and be loved... you enter into relationships just to be cared for...even when the other person isn't right for you and you know it....when you meet the right person, though, you are quick to get involved with them and make it a serious one... you'll end other relationships to be with this "right" one....

When you're scorned, you take it personally and retreat inward...you may obsess about the relationship and your role in the failure...you blame yourself for a failed relationship and might even need a period of mourning.

You should watch out for becoming blinded by the idealism of your visions or if you focus only on your ideas...this could make you ignore reality when it contradicts those lofty ideals...you could stay with a belief or commitment beyond what the facts would support (stubborn?)...you're loyal...

Also, you could lose out if you don't act assertively and are reluctant to intrude on others with your ideas...as a result, you could keep many important things to yourself...you'll then feel that your ideas are underestimated or unappreciated...maybe you should develop political saavy or assertiveness to sell your ideals...finally, you should be forthright with criticism of others...you're always doing the "If you can't say some- thing nice...." stuff. After you hold it inside, you'll blow up eventually.

INFJ: "Inner Nuances Fosters Journeys"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit