For all you Jesus freaks out there.

by Shawn10538 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

John 13:34

Why do want to know. I like been called a freak just as much as all the JW's like been called a jehovah! Not cool. Play nice.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Yep, have to say "Freak" works for me too.

Don't have a problem with it at all... who wants to be normal ? Even Mr and Mrs Average, are desparately trying to escape from their shells.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im a freak.

Mark 5:13- he hates pigs like his dad does

Mark 11- he hates figs/fig trees

Luke 12:47- He thought it was cool to beat slaves

Mark 4:11, 12- he tried to confuse ppl on purpose so they didnt understand his message.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Im a freak.

Mark 5:13- he hates pigs like his dad does

Mark 11- he hates figs/fig trees

Luke 12:47- He thought it was cool to beat slaves

Mark 4:11, 12- he tried to confuse ppl on purpose so they didnt understand his message.

Funniest shit I've seen in a good long while, IP_SEC!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thank you nvr,

You got to have a sense of humour with the bible. It can be a fun book if you let it.

I just hope Jdog and his daddy have a sense of humour. If not Im buzzard meat.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I just hope Jdog and his daddy have a sense of humour. If not Im buzzard meat.

That makes two of us.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I reckon that he had a sense of humour.

Although not a thousand laughs today, some of his parables and sayings would have been a breath of fresh air for the listeners. He may well have raised a few laughs too.

Passing a camel through the eye of a needle
    Strain the gnat, but swallow the camel,
    Remove the splinter but don't notice your plank
    Ask for a fish, give him a snake ?

etc etc...

I guess that for us today, it would be like watching a comedy routine that you have seen a million times, but for those of the time that were hearing this afresh, it would have been funny.

I reckon that when all the disciples were on the road with JC, they would have sat around in the evenings round a camp fire, telling stories, sharing jokes and singing songs, whilst sharing a glass or two of wine.

Anyway, the problem that people have today is that because there has been so much myth and mystery wrapped around the Bible, people don't feel that they should laugh at some of the funnier sayings - they feel "duty bound" to pretend to be awestruck and over analyse things.

Anyway, a Pharisee and a tax-collector walk into a Synagogue...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Who you callin' a freak? This is what did it for me:

Mark 5:34, He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."

What a man! What a God! I knew from reading Scriptures such as these that wherever He is, I want to be there, too. Thank you for asking.

Sylvia

• ex-nj-jw
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

Well if shawn did mean it in a derogatory sense - it sure didn't work for the most part

I reckon Jesus' main message to his contemporaries was 'Quit taking yourselves so seriously cos you're no better than anyone else!'

emo of the Jesus-freak-cracked-pot class!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit