Bored...So I just called Ted Jaracz...

by deaconbluez 21 Replies latest jw friends

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Yep, couldn't believe I actually got him on the phone. He asked who it was and I just gave a fake name and sounded official. I finally asked his thoughts on the 1914 date and how that teaching seems to be expiring. He quickly forwarded me onto the Office of Public Relations, where I could just smell the $30 suit on the other end of the phone.

He wanted to know my name, phone number, e-mail address, WHY I wanted this information.

Oh not to mention, before I talked to Jaracz, I was screened by 3 different people, all of which sounded like they thought it was VERY strange for Jaracz to be getting a phone call.

For people who claim to have the truth, this organization is truly paranoid in every aspect.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Love it, love it, love it!! Maybe Ted needs more calls like this. Tell me more, tell me more! If only more of us had your guts!

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

I'm recording it next time. But I've decided that I'm just going to go into questioning whoever answers the phone at the Service desk.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Perhaps the old cultic prick was too busy devising new ways to deceive the R&F and promote the self serving agenda of the GB.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Yep, he even said, "well I'll have to refer you to someone that can help you because I'm about to go into a conference."

WTF?

What do they have conferences on up there? Discussing what is and what isn't a disfellowshipping offense?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Wednesday is the High Holy Day at Brooklyn Bethel. That's when the GB meets around a big table donated by Citibank or some other rich vendor like that.

I got to see it with my very own eyes on a special "behind-the-scenes" tour a long time ago. The Hoooly Spirit was palpable in that room. Or maybe it was just the lingering smell of a dozen old codgers.

Open Mind

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Maybe they should start up a department to handle all the calls that may eventually start flooding in...I don't think they've ever entertained the thought that these members of the 'slave' might actually have to stoop to the level of having to answer questions such as the one you posed. Isn't it easy to simply 'refer' you on to another department? Just what department would that be - Office of the Inquisition? Puts me in mind of the Catholic Church several centuries ago when people actually started DARING to question....history repeats itself...

Anyhow, AGAIN, great work and thanks for keeping us informed!

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Maybe they should start up a department to handle all the calls that may eventually start flooding in...I don't think they've ever entertained the thought that these members of the 'slave' might actually have to stoop to the level of having to answer questions such as the one you posed. Isn't it easy to simply 'refer' you on to another department? Just what department would that be - Office of the Inquisition? Puts me in mind of the Catholic Church several centuries ago when people actually started DARING to question....history repeats itself...

Anyhow, AGAIN, great work and thanks for keeping us informed!

Well it was kind-of a failure on my part. I recorded the whole thing, hoping that it would turn out good, but I've got the flu, can't hardly sit up, much less square off 1 vs. 1 with the leader of the most dangerous cult in the world.

When I get better I promise you guys will hear some audio.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Good idea! I am surprised they even put you through to ted.

Calling a big company you usually don't get put through to the big boss... oh wait, we are brothers, all the same, aren't we?
    I am looking forward to your recording and hope you can interview the man himself.

fts

• changeling
    changeling

I feel sorry for the poor little bethelite who put the call through. I bet he got "chewed out".

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit