Brain Damage Plagues Thousands of GIs

by freyd 32 Replies latest social current

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

Take it easy there Hillary, who said 'lies"??? Distortions certainly. How often do you see positive stories about people who chose to serve in the military?

More people die on highways every year than troops who die in combat. Should we shut down the Interstates? Ban the automobile? Now, I would like to know how many motor vehicle crash survivors on US highways wind up with traumatic brain injury... ? And not to mention how "pointless" these highway deaths are, something must be done and done NOW.

I don't mind varying opinions, but will insist on consistency.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Recruitment is being hampered. Most GO TO the recruiting offices.

So very pleased to hear that.

So tell me, how long have you been in active duty in Iraq?

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

stillaexjwelder, your rules also apply to our interstate system.

Only difference, it's not just young men who get injured and killed.

thanks for being a voice of reason, and not just spouting off the prevalent hatred that exists. Learning to truly respect the beliefs of others is a process of maturity.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

emy,

Take it easy there Hillary, who said 'lies"??? Distortions certainly. How often do you see positive stories about people who chose to serve in the military?

I assure you that I am not precipitous in my sentiment. Cool as a cucumber here, but I cannot say the same for yourself.

I will quote your original statement and my reply :

Anything to bash the troops.

I am puzzled.

Where in that quoted article did anybody 'bash the troops'? Is what was written lies?

I ask once again. Can you quote anything said in the report above that could be construed as "bashing the troops". Was anything contained in the report a lie which might lead you to make your statement?

Still puzzled.

HS

• heathen
    heathen

I think it's sad that the government used those peoples patriotism for some sick plan to control the worlds oil reserves in Iraq since we now know for certain that saddam was not a threat . I'm sure you couldn't convince most of them what they believe is a lie but I do know from news sources they did protest to the occupation of Iraq and so is the new democratically elected government. I'm more and more inclined to believe what the conspiracy theorists are saying about a totalitarian globalist plot run by the US .

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

stillaexjwelder, your rules also apply to our interstate system.Only difference, it's not just young men who get injured and killed. thanks for being a voice of reason, and not just spouting off the prevalent hatred that exists. Learning to truly respect the beliefs of others is a process of maturity.

I feel what you have posted is a little bit of a non-sequitur

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Getting way off topic for which I appologize, many people are totally irrational. They get aboard an airplane (an extremely safe method of transport) and start shaking and it is obvious they are petrified - I know because my wife is one of them. Yet they will get into a car ( where many thousands die each year) and drive down Interstate 70 without batting an eyelid. CRAZY and illogical

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(On the other hand) I often amuse myself though and when flight attentendants give their safety briefing on a plane - the bit about "If the plane hits water" really amuses me. If the plane hits water it will be torn to shreds and every one will die. I often turn to my daughter or other travelling companion and say just that

(I have studied aircraft stress mecahnics and material science)

• The Humper
    The Humper

once again people are quick to point fingers at the government and say that the troops are indoctrinated and blah blah blah.

20 yrs from now when youre old and crippled you will see why the war was fought, and that it was worth it not just for the u.s. but for the whole middle east and the surrounding nations. that whole area is unstable.

there are always two sides to a story but neither one is 100% right or wrong.

either way you can thank your kids that someone like me chose to do a job that most do not want to do, or even think about doing. nor do they want to see the things that we see. but i am still proud to defend your freedom of speech and the rights that you have.

SPC Rodriguez, Joshua
    U.S. Army Combat Medic

p.s. most troops choose to go back not for anyone else but for the man next to him. its a kind of relationship and brotherhood youll never have the honor of knowing.

and no im not deployed at the moment but i am saying this while im out away from my family doing some training out in the field and i still have 15 more days left. im glad i brought my phone so that in the evenings when i have down time i can talk to my wonderful and understanding wife. tonight i was lucky and was able to use a computer and chat with her and see her and my son via webcam.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    once again people are quick to point fingers at the government and say that the troops are indoctrinated and blah blah blah.

Humper, I think you need to consider the source.You have to remember that this expert on every one elses "indoctrination" spent nearly all of his life being led around by a group of nosepickers living in Brooklyn. Instead of dealing with that, taking a live and let live stance towards others and humbly going about the rest of his life....he has gone from a JW who talks out his ass to an ex-JW who talks out his ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit