Encounter with JW neighbours # 2

by winnie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    So the members are cult-trained to believe that even having a friendly smile and saying the word
    "Hello" will cause the WTS to judicially reprove them. They have such fear.

Am I the only one here who feels sorry for the bondage they are trapped in?

Don't return evil for evil, but by showing them love, you maybe will have a chance to share the truth about the Watchtower some time with them. If you purposely antagonize them, the chances of that are pretty slim. (They are already pretty slim, and yes, their behaviour has been unbelievable rude, but I don't believe in burning any potential bridges).

Here are some Scriptures to share with them:

ROM 12:20-21 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

>>The scribes and Pharisees

used this Scripture to teach, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy,"

PRO 25:21-22

If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: 22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

>>Jesus corrected

their perversion of the law by teaching the true meaning of love thy neighbour.

MAT 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

>>Jesus used the parable

of the good Samaritan to illustrate this gospel teaching.

>>The Samaritans

were hated detested, persecuted and despitefully used by the Jews, therefore Jesus told the parable of the good Samaritan to illustrate his Godly spirit toward those who hated him.

>>It was a Jew

that fell among thieves, but see the unloving spirit of the Priest and the Levite.

LUK 10:31-32

And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

>>It was this hated

Samaritan whom Jesus used to illustrate a right spirit.

LUK 10:33

But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

>>By nature

that ugly monster "I--or Self" wants revenge against those whom he believes is an enemy, but our text teaches the true meaning of love--self-sacrifice.

FOR OUR FIRST POINT, let's consider heaping coales of fire upon the heads of our enemies.

FOR OUR SECOND POINT, lets consider how the love of Christ heaps coals of fire upon the heads of those for whom He died.

>>As a result of his

fallen nature, man tends to treat others the way he is treated. This was the way the scribes and Pharisees interpreted the law.

>>Our text

says, "Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." This is to say If your enemy hunger, do not rejoice over him saying in your heart, "God is now avenging me of him," but feed him.

>>This word

"feed" is a very significant word. It comes from the Greek word, "Psomizo, (pso-mee-on)," which means feed him abundantly, feed him carefully and indulgently:" feed him with small pieces, "feed his as we do small children and sick people," with much tenderness.

>>Our text says

, "Therefore if thine enemy...thirst, give him drink." Giving him a drink is a tocken of reconciliation and love, i.e., conferm your love for him. This is heaping coals of fire upon his head. These coals of fire heaped upon the head of an adversary, are not coals of vengeance, but coals of fervent love adapted to melt down his enmity.

>>King Solomon

spoke of love as a burning flame and coals of fire in SON 8:6-7 "...the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. 7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.
  • reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I personally think being overly nice to them so they squirm is a great idea!

• winnie
    winnie

We are never nasty or rude to them, and never will be. It's sooo much more fun to be as nice as you can, and try to make them feel nervous and embarressed. Works every time. I can just imagine the conversation last night... husband returns home to an upset wife and asks what's wrong... "Its the neighbours....they said HELLO to me today!" And an added bonus is, us living next door is going to aggravate my hubbys family to no end!!! Can you imagine...going to someones father/mothr to voice a complaint that their son said HELLO and was friendly to them...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit