Disturbing news on the deaths of the 5 elders

by TooBad TooSad 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I have been following the news reports of the death of the 5 elders from Tennesse that died

in the plane crash. Several things really bother me. One of the things is that several articles reported

the brothers requesting that in lieu of sending flowers to the family or the burial service to sent contributions

to the Kingdom Hall. These five families have lost their material providers. The wifes and children are going to

need money not the Kingdom Hall. I can only guess who the KH will send the money to. The

WTBS will use it to pay down the debt of the pedophile cases. I wonder if the WTBS had life

insurance policies for these 5 men? They certainly were doing the work of the organizaton.

I wonder too if these 5 elders had life insurance policies for their families. When I was a zealous

elder I did not carry life insurance for my death because it was, at that time, considered to be

showing a lack of faith in the nearness of the Great Tribulation. The other thing that I find to be

disturbing about the deaths is that the reports quote the brothers as saying that we look forward

to seeing them again in the resurrection. It like they are saying well everything is going to be

alright because they will be alive shortly after the impending Great Tribulation. Well it is not

alright. The wifes may have lost the love of their lives and oh by the way they will not be married

to the elders when they are resurrected according to WT doctrine. The children have lost their fathers,

the wifes have lost their mates, their lifes will now be turned upside down. Waving the magic wand

of we will see them soon in the resurrection will not take the pain away.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

How true.

Tragedy strikes all sorts of people. Of course the WTS is of no fault in the matter, with the possible exception that they had these men involved in 'church' work as volunteers.

The contributions will not go to the families likely, and that is a travesty. When my brother was diagnosed with terminal illness, he found a life insurance policy that he could get in spite of his illness. His first thought was that he would put it in the name of the WTS. He didn't do that - but that is the way the corrupted Jw mind works - always looking to benefit the WTS. It is sad.

Jeff

• carla
    carla

The wives don't get to be the wives in the fictional paradise earth with the hubbies? I thought that if the wife & husband both die before the big A they get to be together in new arrangement. Or is that only if they are both still alive when the big A comes? The rest of the poor slobs become sexless fuit & vegy harvesters? (after they helped jah clean up the bones of us evil doers) This one always gets me confused. What is the present light re the poor deluded couples? Present light for those who have a ubm? Wouldn't you think the poor jw who had to suffer a lifetime with a non believer would get some kind of reward like a new wife? I know mine already has planned out where he is going to live in the 'new system'

• carla
    carla

The shameful request for money for the wt is disgusting. But typical.

At nonjw funerals the widow is given many, many cards with money in them. I know a widow who received quite a large sum from all these helpful people. She was able to get through the next few months and consentrate on grief and that of her children and still make the housepayments and other household expenses. I'm sure the jw's will just tell the widows to apply for state aid before coming to them for help as that seems to be their m.o.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Well, at least they didn't go so far as have contributions sent to the Society.

I'm just hoping that they do give those contributions to the families.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Is the JW concept of the resurrection in accordance with the Biblical picture? Or do the JWs risk being damned to the lake of fire and sulfur for belonging to a criminal cultic organisation?

To begin with according to Revelation aside from the saints who the JWs believe were resurrected in 1919 the rest of the dead will not live until 1000 years later which takes us to the year 2919.

Even by their own reckoning their hopes are false.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I thought that if the wife & husband both die before the big A they get to be together in new arrangement. Or is that only if they are both still alive when the big A comes? The rest of the poor slobs become sexless fuit & vegy harvesters? (after they helped jah clean up the bones of us evil doers) This one always gets me confused. What is the present light re the poor deluded couples?

hi Carla,

As far as I know, according to JW doctrine, anyone ressurected becomes like the angels and are neither married or given in marriage.

Death is the final marital ender. They are no longer married. The surviving spouse is free to remarry, but not to their ressurected mate.

But they all have faith that Jah will make everything and everyone happy.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Well Said TooBad TooSad. It's a tragedy all around.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

That was one of my issues- in regards to losing a mate in this 'system'-

Everyone always consoled the surviving mate with "you'll get to see them in the new system"-

umm, according to their teaching, they wouldn't be married in the new system- so technically, their husband/or wife is gone for good.

What joy is it to be resurrected to see your mate but not be able to reconnect with them and pick up where the relationship left off in the "old system"?

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I was a zealous

elder I did not carry life insurance for my death because it was, at that time, considered to be

showing a lack of faith in the nearness of the Great Tribulation.

Yes I know the above I was a zealous follower of the WT so I didnt have insurance policies..as we were told we didnt need them in the new system>>>>>Dummy me!!!It was a rough time when my hubby died in 1985,,,,,until loving Christian helped me in 1987 ...."The Kingdom Hall gets richer, the rank/file get poorer"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit