What kinds of fading techniques have you used?

by ldrnomo 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• RR
    RR

My fading technique was simple. I got up, walked out and never went back. It worked pretty well, since they haven't bothered me in over 15 years. IU've moved a few times in those 15, but my family was still in the congregation, it's not like they couldn't find me. And I did visit my mother-in-law who was always entertaining the 'friends', and they never treated me like a leper.

RR

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

I'm baffled at how many report false field service time!

I've never thought to do that.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Very simple, I stopped going to meetings except very occasionally and never responded to any so called sheparding visits. I had no real friends or familly there so I didn't care much about what happened.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

At first I thought my method of fading wasn't a great one. I actually stepped aside as an elder
    by telling them (in writing) what my big doubts were. The only lie in my letter was that I was
    "still doubting." I had already did the research to realize that my doubts were well-founded, that
    the WTS was the false prophet. At the same time, I said I couldn't participate in the TMS since
    I wasn't sure what was "the truth."

Well, it actually turned out great, as I had never said I had made up my mind. Nearly 2 months
    later, I had my little meeting with the C.O. and I had already learned to keep my mouth shut. I
    stuck by what I had already written, since I couldn't back out of it. But he didn't want to talk to
    me and dismissed himself after 15 minutes. Since then, I said I have been stumbled by the C.O.
    and stopped reporting service and went to zero meetings right after the next C.O. visit.

Now the elders will exaggerate their own beliefs when the C.O. comes back, saying they have
    done everything to get me back- which is a total of absolutely nothing. They should wash their
    hands of me, saying "We tried." If there is any other effort to meet with me, two words will
    suffice- NO, THANKS.

• oompa
    oompa

Once I found out our NWT Bible was a fraud, at least the NT part anyway, I was asking so many questions and telling so many people about my letter to the Society and their LAME replies, that not only did I stop going out in service over a year ago, but THEY took ME off the TM School without me even asking!!! Yes I developed some serious depression problems. They were afraid what I might say from the platform! I was "implored" not to share this information with others, and yet all of the info was Society based, so there was not much they could do. My wife is still diehard, but I only go about once a month now.

faded and I didn't know it....oompa

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

WT wizard!

I like your pizazz.

Writing the names of enlightening websites in the magazines is brilliant!

As a matter of fact, I am thinking of going in to the hall one night and discreetly adding some quality addresses in some inconspicuous places inside a couple hundred magazines. I'll only pick the magazine supplies of publishers that I know never read their magazines anyway. Oh sure, eventually someone will notice - but that will only add to the excitement.

Hey, even though we are fighting a serious battle against untruth, you have to have a little fun once in a while.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

My question is, do you still think the FDS is from God? Do you plan on staying in the congregation? Do you still think of it as truly God's organization?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

What do you think?

Who is the faithful and discreet slave?

It's a question, as far as I know there is not a specific answer in the scriptures.

for example "john doe", "bob smith", "group A", "group B" Etc. Etc. Etc.

• Quandry
    Quandry

What do you think?

Who is the faithful and discreet slave?

It's a question, as far as I know there is not a specific answer in the scriptures.

What do I think? I thought I knew all the answers for more than thirty years. Now, I have absolutely no clue what to think; hence, my name, Quandry.

As one poster so aptly put it, better to have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

I know of no specific answer, either. Just wondered what caused your departure.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I planned to leave after the last Sunday meeting in August 1998. Something poetic about messing up the next Service Year's figures.

In July I started telling people I was moving. The Congregation bookstudy even had a farewell party for me (if that isn't irony...). I gave the Secretary of the Cong the address of the new P.O. of my congregation. The address given was actually a family member who was supporting my departure. I said my good byes at that meeting and walked away.

So my old congregation sent my Publisher Record cards and letter of introduction to "my new hall." I still have the letter and Record Cards as a little trophey of my victory over the Borg.

Since they no longer had responsibility for me there was no follow up. Even when it was found out that I was involved in anti-Society Child Abuse activism and testifying in court, they were polling CO's across the Province and I heard from one JW in the States (where I had allegedly moved) that the CO's there were trying find out what congregation I was associated with in order for them to form a Judicial Committee. Since I wasn't part of any Hall, no-one really had the authority to form a committee.

So I am not DF'ed or DA'd albeit am treated as such, I left on my terms and was able to snub my nose at the alleged authority of the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit