They will be known by their love.....--oh i am so ticked right now

by orbison11 25 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

so, i just saw a story on the news, young mom has breast/bone cancer

so her friends arranged a car wash to help pay for alternative treatments,,,$1K 2x a week she needed

oh i am so ticked

about 23 yrs ago, my daughter around 11 then, had bone tumors,,,rather than have them start 'treatment' by cutting her leg off,,,we opted for a few weeks to search for other treatment

very long story short,,we found mainland chinese herbalist in seattle (were going to take her to tijuana)

we had to go once a week

and it was about $1000-1500 a month

none of the 'loving jehovh's people' did anything

one older pioneer gave us $50,,,we heard murming that i had finally gotten a second car for 1K so i should sell it for her meds

so much for the 'love'

i even got cleaning jobs,,,where, approved by the employer, i could bring my two boys,,2 and 4 and have them stay put in play pen or such so i could make money for her medicine

plus service/meetings/bookstudy in my home at the time

sheesh

wendy

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Of course, we have love among ourselves...it says so in the latest Watchtower so it must be. I know exactly what you mean. I've found the congregation loves you as long as you are healthy and/or wealthy. But when things get tough, it evaporates. That's what I saw when my parents got older and couldn't be productive members of the congregation anymore. Their friends just seemed to disappear.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

That is one of my biggest pet peeves with the organization. Their LACK of love.

It wasn't until I stopped going that I realized how uncompassionate and un-empathetic to people I really was. I'd hear about people donating to charitable causes, stores about people who gave up their time and energy to help a family in need and I would just roll my eyes and think "meh, they don't have the truth- they're just looking for glory", etc. it's truly sad.

The JW's like to put on a show that their helping society when disaster strikes, etc. but as a whole, they train their flock to ignore the plight of honest hearted people and to focus on bringing in members.

• changeling
    changeling

JW's are known for their stinginess, not their love. Just ask the wait staff at any restaurent in a DC host city.

changeling

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Wendy - That must have been a very hard time for you and your family. I hope your daughter is okay now. She must have really struggled at such a young age with that. How sad for you all! I hope you and she have recoverered!

• oompa
    oompa

I sure dont blame you for being pissed! But it has further opened my eyes. Is there any reason JW's CANT have a friggin bake sale, yard sale, car wash, or whatever so they could help someone out? I have never heard of it, but what the hell is wrong with it?

best wishes, and cold beer....oompa

• orbison11
    orbison11

funny you would mention cold beer with that $50 we bought pizza (for the kids of course) and beer and made the kids promise not to tell anybody was our disneyland for the year lol wendy

• orbison11
    orbison11

my daughter,,wel something happened to her during all that

she became driven,,,she is now, at 35, the canadian sales manager for the vancouver convention center

one of their hosts is the olympics for 2010

she flies all over the world on business,,,and major player

but sad, she has forgotten her mom

ah well

wendy

• fedorE
    fedorE

If this was the Salvation Army you would of had it covered. Very sorry to hear about ur past situation.

• Scully
    Scully

Tell me about it. This has been one of my pet peeves about the JWs for the last decade or more.

My whole life I was promised in the WTS publications that, as a JW, I could count on my Brothers™ and Sisters™ should I ever find myself having trials and tribulations. I was so sure of that promise that I did my best to live up to it myself - helping other JWs in need as much as I could.

When the tables were turned and it was me who needed their love and generosity, that promise just blew away like the fluff of a dandelion. I received more genuine love, caring and generosity from complete strangers, from neighbours who dropped in unannounced to share a cup of coffee, from Catholics, Jews, Hindus, agnostics and atheists. Just one of those other people showed more love and concern for us than three circuits (and five congregations) worth of JWs whom we had known for more than 10 years.

The love among JWs is a LIE. It does not exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit