Luke 6:29-30

by Anti-Christ 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Luke 6:29-30 (New International Version)

29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

So to all the Christians out there, how many of you follow this?

• stillajwexelder
  • Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Stillajwexelder, I take it your are not Christian? So, does anybody else want to answer?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Whom, then, does Christianity deny? what does it call "the world"? To be a soldier, to be a judge, to be a patriot; to defend one's self; to be careful of one's honour; to desire one's own advantage; to be proud . . . every act of everyday, every instinct, every valuation that shows itself in a deed, is now anti-Christian: what a monster of falsehood the modern man must be to call himself nevertheless, and without shame, a Christian!--
    --I shall go back a bit, and tell you the authentic history of Christianity.--The very word "Christianity" is a misunderstanding--at bottom there was only one Christian, and he died on the cross. The "Gospels" died on the cross. What, from that moment onward, was called the "Gospels" was the very reverse of what he had lived: "bad tidings," a Dysangelium. It is an error amounting to nonsensicality to see in "faith," and particularly in faith in salvation through Christ, the distinguishing mark of the Christian: only the Christian way of life, the life lived by him who died on the cross, is Christian. . . To this day such a life is still possible, and for certain men even necessary: genuine, primitive Christianity will remain possible in all ages. . . . Not faith, but acts; above all, an avoidance of acts, a different state of being. . . . States of consciousness, faith of a sort, the acceptance, for example, of anything as true--as every psychologist knows, the value of these things is perfectly indifferent and fifth-rate compared to that of the instincts: strictly speaking, the whole concept of intellectual causality is false. To reduce being a Christian, the state of Christianity, to an acceptance of truth, to a mere phenomenon of consciousness, is to formulate the negation of Christianity. In fact, there are no Christians. The "Christian"--he who for two thousand years has passed as a Christian--is simply a psychological self-delusion.

Friedrich Nietzsche, The Antichrist, 38-39.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Ahhhhh, Nietzsche.

What a sweetheart!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

Ahhhhh, Nietzsche.

What a sweetheart!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thank you Narkissos for that. So far only non "Christian" answered, interesting, no?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    interesting, no?

no

• Honesty
    Honesty
    So to all the Christians out there, how many of you follow this?

I haven't had the opportunity to see just how "Christian" I really am...

>>>>>> sighs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I haven't had the opportunity to see just how "Christian" I really am...

Let me give you the opportunity,.. give me your clothes, your money and your house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit