Turning the page

by DJK 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

A journey started some time ago brought me to a place called the JWD. Interesting, fun and informative, I needed to stay a while. I found answers here, all that I had relevent to the cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses. A new question did arise and I'm not satisfied with the answer that I developed on my own. That is, why can't I believe in God? I have heard so much about the lack of proof of God's existence. I have heard God called "murderous". All have not helped me solve an inner turmoil. My best answer is, "I dont want to believe!" I have decided to leave it at that. I dont wish to waste my time on the subject any longer. My journey began going back into my childhood and sadly enough, I came to an even deeper realization I didn't have a childhood. Jehovah doesn't allow for childhood in his kingdom. I have also found a hatred that was once left in my childhood and I cant leave it in the past. It now follows me and I must find a new place to leave it. This phase of my journey is now over. I will now restart my journey to other areas of my world, my life. My goal, now that I have in some way discovered who I am, will be to find my passion again. Dispense of the hatred and search for the things that are missing in my life. I am close. As I watch the JWD shrinking in the rearview mirror, I wish all of you the best in your lives. Farewell...DJK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDRs-E7koas

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Thanks for being here. Be well.

• Tara
    Tara

Farewell, DJK.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for all shared with us, DJK.

May the rest of your journey be full of wonder and peace.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

DJK...we started our journey here on JWD almost the same time in Feb. I am glad you are able to take the next step in your journey. I am sorry it is in a direction that makes you leave our company. Others here much longer than we have been here have made the same decision. Some come back, others never have so far. Some come here, post once in response to something, then leave. Others still, like me, will continue here on JWD....

I for one enjoyed your posts....feel free to come back anytime.... I am sure Simon is leaving the light on for awhile.

Enjoy your life and the journey....

Snakes ()

PS....I think I am going to quit drinking the water around here...something is going around, causing JWD's to drop like virus infected honeybees.

• BFD
    BFD

DJK,

It's think good to be able to move on from here. I know one day I will be doing that also but, I'm not ready yet.

Like you, I was raised JW but left long ago. I have kept that part of my life secret until now. I knew no one could understand the insanity of it unless they experienced it themself so I just kept it all inside. JWD has been a life line for me.

Thanks for sharing with us.

I will miss the jokes you post. You've got some good ones.

Thanks,

BFD

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

DJK,

Thanks for being here and I wish you the ultimate success in your life - finding and living your passion.

Unlike you, I wanted to believe there was a creator who had our best interests in mind. I don't believe in one due to the total lack of evidence, not for lack of wanting.

I do have to say this though about these "all or nothing, I'm leaving" threads.

Why?

It's like saying, "I've met all these great people, I've helped some and many have helped me. But that's it. Goodbye forever!"

If you want to spend less time here, great, or just check in from time to time, awesome. But I find this need on the part of some for a grand announcement of leaving forever disturbing and unnecessary. It reminds me in a perverse way of disfellowshipping. Some may think it's unhealthy to be on this board (I totally disagree with that), whereas I think it's unhealthy to tell a bunch of your friends, "So long, it's been good to know ya, but you'll never hear from me again!" What's with that?!

S4

• greendawn
    greendawn

Wishing you all the best as you carry on with your life's journey.

• shell69
    shell69

Blessed be.

Shell

• magoo
    magoo

.....s4...i totally agree with you. i suppose some need the "oh...ahhh...we're REALLY gonne miss ya....please stay..", that they obviously didn't get from the jw's....

djk..enjoyed your posts, but why announce your "not gonna come back ? " why not just don't come back ? happy trails....

magoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit