offers to study after going inactive!!

by gabriella 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hello Gabriella, Haven't seen you in a couple of years almost...and I have to say I agree with the way Junction guy put it. It truly is crazy how they just pop up and all of the sudden think you need to eat some spiritual bull crap. Odd huh? You seem to be making your way just fine with out being forcefed some brainwashing. I hope things are working out for you hon. Good morning! Don't torture yourself through that dang study BTW...Just my two cents.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

gabriella

What they are trying to tell you is that you are "weak in the faith." You need ''solid food'' again. They have a Bible study(not) that will get you back to spiritual health.

The Elders have offered to study with me and I always refuse. Tell them it's not knowledge that you need and that reading and studying the Bible is not your weakness. Refuse the study.

• Gill
    Gill

I found it very arrogant and insulting!

So, after being told I 'needed' a bible study with my Elder cousin and his Watchtower on legs wife by my mother several times (since apparantly I must not have been paying attention properly all those years) , I said that they should have a Bible study with me as I knew ten times more about the Bible than any of them put together and when we'd finished the 'bible study' not one of them would be Watchtower slaves anymore.

My mother became a shade of red that suggested an imminent head explosion!

Sadly, they have never suggested a Bible study with me again!

Quel domage!! ( What a shame!)

• garybuss
    garybuss

I have to laugh at the Witnesses I talked to. They'd open a topic and I'd ask them a step in it question and they'd say "I'll have to do some research on that.". I'd say, "What the heck? You came here to teach me and I've done my research and you haven't? What's seeming wrong with that?"

One Witness elder asked me when I had time to read and study the works of Charles Russell and Rutherford. I laughed and told him it only takes three days to read and study one book. He couldn't understand how I could remember so much of what I'd read. He asked me how I could remember so much and I asked him how he could forget so much.

Their problem is they have to get me to accept their assumption and premise before they can go to the next step and of course they can't prove the assumption or explain the premise. I even offered to accept the assumption if he could explain the premise and he couldn't even outline the premise.

It's gonna be pretty hard to sell me a proposal when the assumptions can't be objective or the premises explained. I have no problem with assumptions, I just don't want the whole deal based on them. In business, the assumptions are listed, given weight and value and added to the risk factor. So if I'm evaluating an investment and the assumptions add up to 40% and the risk factor is 10%, that's a 50% risk factor. That's an automatic walkaway.

These guys start out with a basis of 100% assumption factor and no objective information at all. When the basis is 100% assumption, no tangible reality can come from that. You can start out with nothing and double it every year and 100 years later you still have nothing.

It's like watching the movie Wizard of OZ and accepting that as reality and starting out to go visit OZ. You ain't never gonna git there because the premise was based on an assumption and both are wrong. The premise was there MUST be an OZ, we saw it in the movie. The assumption is if we see it . . . it must be real.

• logic
    logic

Tell them you would like to study the finished mystery book or other jw literarture around that time period.

Asking anyone to study again that has been in the 'truth' over 6 months is an insult to their intelligence. When they ask you that they are saying you have not been programed enough or you need to be reprogramed.

They have never asked me that. I have my Bible study library visible for all to see, dictioniaries, collection of bibles, lexicons, Writings of all historians etc. When anyone visits they just sit there and stare at the books but have never had the nerve to ask any questions about them, darn it.

• Scully
    Scully

We've had that too.

My response to that has always been to get a tad offended and say: "So you're willing to spend time with me, just so long as you can count it on your Field Service Report™? That's really Christian™ of you."

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Do any of you find it insulting and impolite to be asked to study again after being baptized and leaving of your own accord?

I would welcome any JW who wants to study with me.

However, that probably will never happen because I left the JW's on my own accord and in a very vocal manner.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

As far as I know, that's the usual way of "welcoming back" inactive ones. Why would you ever want to "study" over the same rubbish as before anyway?

"So you're willing to spend time with me, just so long as you can count it on your Field Service Report™? That's really Christian™ of you."

I like Scully's answer.

• oompa
    oompa

You could teach some serious truth to anyone who tried to study with you. Just ask the right questons and you might could infect the whole hive (no insult to bees meant).

so much to learn....oompa

• yknot
    yknot

Ususally a Thank you but no thank you, smile and wish them well that should be enough. If not request the KH put your address on the do-not-knock list. y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit