offers to study after going inactive!!

by gabriella 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• gabriella
    gabriella

I just recieved my third offer to have a Bible Study after being inactive for several years. Hello,, I remember where the KH is if I wanted to attend and I think after five meetings a week my whole life I know what the teachings are without having another "study". I just found it very degrading and arrogant to assume that there must be something "wrong with me" or that I "needed help". Maybe I am secure enough to live a clean life without needing to be told what to do every day at mind-numbing meetings. I am sorry but I just really needed to vent. Do any of you find it insulting and impolite to be asked to study again after being baptized and leaving of your own accord? Any good responses that you have used? I have family still in, so I want to just stay as I am. Why can't they let me be?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Do any of you find it insulting and impolite to be asked to study again after being baptized and leaving of your own accord? Any good responses that you have used? I have family still in, so I want to just stay as I am. Why can't they let me be?

Don't feel insulted. It's just programming. They are in the MATRIX...borg like.

Tell them you will contact them when you are ready and you appreciate their invite. That it's between you and Jehovah.

WAC (Former Bethelite in Crooklyn and Elder Servant of 10 old men)

• fresia
    fresia

They had a special talk at the last district assembly on helping inactive ones back into activity. Gave examples of ones that were out for nearly twenty years and came back after resuming a study. So it was advised to especially all elders and r/f if they know of someone inactive to get them back to the hall before the end.

• erandir
    erandir

Also, they have to bring you up to speed on all the exciting "new light" they've received since you left. The knowledge you have is like an old computer, out-of-date within a few months and in need of an upgrade.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like to study with the Witnesses. I asked for studies for years. One guy made it through one and a half studies with me one time.

I like to start out by listing the assumptions used as a basis for the study and then I ask for explanations in detail of all the assumptions. Virtually every time the Witness opens their mouth we add another assumption to the list.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I remember when I was 23 years old and my cousin said I needed to study. I remember thinking to myself "Hello, I was born and raised in this shit, what more do I need to study?" Of course I never said that out loud, and I did accept the study.

PS-Sorry for the cuss word, but that is just exactly what I was thinking back then, no need to sugar coat it.

• Mary
    Mary

LMAO @ Garybuss! Oh man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of your studies with the Dubs.....I'm surprised their heads didn't explode.

I just found it very degrading and arrogant to assume that there must be something "wrong with me" or that I "needed help". Maybe I am secure enough to live a clean life without needing to be told what to do every day at mind-numbing meetings.

That's the problem though. Witnesses are trained from birth to believe that you cannot be secure, happy, or live a clean life outside the walls of the Kingdumb Hall. If someone leaves, their automatic assumption is indeed that something is wrong with you (usually you've been seduced by Satan), and they feel it their God-given duty to steer you back to the fold before Armageddon comes. Which should be any day now. Nothing infuriates the Witnesses more than when they see someone leave and become happier. It goes against everything they're taught and confuses them.

Do any of you find it insulting and impolite to be asked to study again after being baptized and leaving of your own accord? Any good responses that you have used?

I don't find it insulting, but knowing what I know now, I think it's a joke that they could possibly think they know more than what I do about either the bible or the religion in general. But if you want to keep them off your back, just tell them you're having 'female problems' that you'd be happy to explain to them if they want. I guarantee you they won't be back. This is one thing they don't learn about in Elder School and most elders have no desire to know more about it than what they already know.

• greendawn
    greendawn

According to their mind conditioning you became spiritually weak and need some strengthening through extra studying. It will also give some dub the opportunity to turn in some hours on his/her report slip without having to go door to door.

Just find a good excuse to refuse the offer.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

What I never understood was why we called it a Bible study ? It is plain and simple indoctrination of Watchtower society information .

We were told not to allow studies to ask extra questions ,but rather stick only to the material given . If the student insisted on questions then we were to give them a reasoning book to look it up themselves .The study material became so sickingly simplified over the yrs. I couldn't stomach offering a study anymore . Look at the difference from the Truth book to the current Bible Teach book.

What the heck Book would they offer to study with someone that has been a witness all their life ......The Bible Teaches book ...please

I could not imagine the scenerio of some wet behind the ears pioneer trying to TEACH Blondie from that crap book !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't need the Witlesses to "get me up to speed". This board does an excellent job of doing that, usually well before it comes from the Watchtower official sources. How often do people get things sooner as apostates than they did as hounders? And once I read them, I can begin predicting what is next. And, if I guess wrong, additional material will refine my guess, usually well before it comes up at all in the Kingdumb Hell.

I think the cult is going to become more reclusive. Within a year or two, it will be impossible for any Witless to live in the real world. Yet they will still be expected to recruit new member. I wonder when, if, they are going to start imposing quotas of Watchtower material Bible studies on each publisher outside family members, and quotas on new baptisms outside the family, in order to keep the hounder-hounders off their backs. And do it while not making any meaningful use of the world or the things in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit