How Many of us Have Shared Our Stories on JWD ? Helps us Know you Better

by flipper 28 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hello everybody. Just thought of starting this thread because of the problem of living in an emotionally disconnected society as we do. Some of us have shared our personal stories with you all, my wife and mine was , " the Story of Mr. & Mrs. Flipper ". I think it would be good to share some insight into ourselves , then perhaps others on the board will be understanding more deeply about posts that we start. It is really difficult at times to get the entire picture of what is going on in each of our lives, and I feel if we knew a little more about each other, it would promote more of a compassionate sense of understanding in our responses to different people's threads they start.

That being said, I am quite aware of the need for confidentiality as well. Many here are trying to be careful because of having family members on the inside of the witness organization, and don't want to jeopardize that. I understand. I have family on the inside too. However I also remember going to meetings at the kingdom hall feeling lonely and out of touch because of not being in certain cliques or groups. I noticed I was not alone in this. Others would at times sit off in a corner because they did not feel they had anything to offer, or felt they might not be accepted.

Like most of you, probably, I feel like we want to welcome well meaning honest people here on the board, and make them feel welcome. So how do you all feel about people sharing their stories ? Do you enjoy it ? If someone has a semi brief story to tell on this thread, you are certainly welcome! It might just help some of you get some positive input from members of the board with your life, and in the meantime, also make you feel welcome as well! So fire away, let it flow, would enjoy hearing everyone's input as to what you think and if anyone wants to open up about their life or life in general, go for it ! Peace to you all, Mr. Flipper

• tula
    tula

wish I could, but I am still a little paranoid. At first I would only post under "private discussions" because I just didn't ant my information broadcast all over the world. Have just now gotton a little more comfortable posting in other areas. Still, I would prefer at this point that the info would be open to "members only" if I should decide to share it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Sorry, it's gonna be for sale in a few.

• BFD
    BFD

I appreciate reading other people's stories and if I can offer to help by sharing my experience I do what I can. I have never shared my story on the forum but for little bits here and there.

I have been out of the false for a very long time but, I was one of those pathetic creatures that always believed it was the truth and I was going to be destroyed any day by Jehovah during the great battle of armaggedon. Most of my story is post cult but, I am learning how my self destructive behavior for all these years is mostly due to being raised in the false. (I love that new phrase).

Sometimes when I read here about the things that go on now with JW's it seems like an altogether different religion than the one I was booted from back in 1977/78.

If I can ever arrange my thoughts in a coherent manner and put it together in a readable story I will. When I try to write up my story now and go back and read what I wrote it sounds like the ramblings of a deranged maniac and I chose not to post. The exercize is all pretty cathartic in it's own way, though.

Thanks,

BFD

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    Sorry, it's gonna be for sale in a few.

i want to buy an autographed copy. serious. i have a feeling that'll be a good book.

• lavendar
    lavendar

I'm kinda different from most of you here, because I've never been a JW; nor any of my family. But, our son is married to a very nice JW gal, who has been putting pressure on him to join (probably because the Elders have been putting pressure on HER).

Anyway, I LOVE to read your posts......especially from the people who are brand new. I really enjoy reading their stories of how they finally were able to see the WTS for it actually is......a very mind-controlling cult.

This gives me HOPE and ENCOURAGEMENT that our son & his wife will someday wake up and realize they've been deceived by this very manipulative & destructive organization.

You guys have always helped answer my questions & I appreciate all of you! Thanks, Mr Flipper, for allowing me to express this!

Warm regards,

Lavendar

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have been on here for years, I bared my life story to one & all ////the naughty parts & the good parts.
    Now I am waiting to "kick the Bucket" I hope when I do you will only remembered the good parts,
    Now if you want to hear some really good one come to the Blue Mountains Oct 19th Where ther are hundreds of Ex JWs ---the love there is undescribable....

• BFD
    BFD

Hi Granny!

Tell me more about the Blue Mountains. Oh, and btw, I hope you never find a bucket to kick!

Love to you,

BFD

PS- Sorry for the highjack, now back to topic!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Now I am waiting to "kick the Bucket"

Here's hoping the bucket doesn't kick back!!! You're alright, mouthy. Don't you know the angels may be smiling at your gumption?

Snowbird

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Not ready emotionally to tell the whole story but I have certainly bared my soul.

In bits and pieces.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit