Life and times of Metaspy

by metaspy 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• metaspy
    metaspy

Cog Dis - I do wonder if she is the same person I fell for many years ago.
    From what I have seen, she is. however, she is hurting, I doubt she knows what she wants.
    Not that I can say I know.

thank you all for your support!

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Metaspy--thanks for sharing your heartbreaking tale. It is a trite saying, but time does have a way of healing all wounds. Have you dated anyone? Dating just one person has a way of putting blinders on us....get to know a variety of women to give you a good measuring stick. I agree with earlier comments that Zelda sounds like she needs some professional help...with your issues...you don't need that right now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Metaspy, that is one sad story dude. I'm so sorry.

I'll give you a different slant on things from my experience. Those elders aren't just idiots, they are JEALOUS!

Elders jealous of an MS? Oh yes, believe me. When you were handling all those responsibilities, an MS, a pioneer, a potential Bethelite, an eloquent writer as we see, probably an outstanding speaker, the beginning of a possible fairytale romance with a beautiful girl, an excellent example in so many ways... if they didn't act soon, you would be the District Overseer in 10 years and looking down your nose at those non-upwardly-mobile-small-time elders. They wouldn't acknowledge any jealousy, and I do exagerate, but that's a culture that builds.

I'll abbreviate my story. There wasn't a romance involved, but I got the BS treatment. I wasn't appointed as an elder for a few years although everyone in the cong and at Bethel already thought that I was an elder. The one time I was officially met with, the two brothers told me that it was because it was "easy for me" and "I obviously was receiving financial help from my family back home". What the flip? But I was eventually appointed to that body of about 14 elders at the time and at one of the early meetings, where the newbies are supposed to be listening quietly, I spoke up. After one of the Bethel Elder up-and-comings spoke his opinion, without valid scriptural support, and everyone else was about to weakly agree with a wrong opinion, except the P.O., I spoke up and shot him down, big time. The P.O. later thanked me. I immediately had massive credibility. A short time later I was a Bethel Elder, and I quickly started moving up the ladder until I found it was going nowhere and wasn't worth it. Enough about me.

I've seen other situations of the inadequate elders trumping up things to crush possible threats to their thrones. Jerks.

It's late. I do have more to share. I'll post again later.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Billy, You can start 2 threads a day, and have 75 posts per day. Use them. I want to hear more!!! Welcome!!!!

Metaspy, in your continuing saga, (new thread) I have been thinking about your mom, running so much of the show, I wonder if the elders are frighted of her??

She seems like she would be the "Elder sister". The sister that all of the sisters look up to. One that could advance an elders status, or pull it down. Maybe mom, told the elders what SHE wanted to happen. Good cop, Bad cop. Just something to think about.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Yep I have been told things like this, not with a minor but I was out in service with my study brother and he asked me what I look forward to most in becoming a witness. I told him that one thing I was looking forward to was a good christian wife. He told me that I would not qualify for a wife as I was living on a disability payment from suffering an aneurysm almost a year earlier.

What was odd to me is how many men are staying home and pioneering in the field service and their wives are out working everyday. I got pissed none the less and that was the beginning of my getting out.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Good on you for telling your heartbreaking story. Take care mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit