Life and times of Metaspy

by metaspy 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• free2think
    free2think

Thank you for sharing your story Metaspy.

Truly heartbreaking.

• greendawn
    greendawn

What a story of insane meddling it sounds worse than the victorian age but I can't understand why you ever told your mother about your meeting with Zelda, had you kept quiet about it that would have saved you an awful lot of trouble.

There is nothing wrong with someone falling in love with a girl that's six years younger and happens to be underage at the time. They totally missed the point that this was a serious intention and not just an intention to have fun with the girl ie exploit her and leave her.

It's the intention that really makes the difference as long as you intended to marry her when she turned of age at 16 or 17 as the case may be in your state. In the UK if the parents consent a girl can marry even at 14.

• metaspy
    metaspy

Thank you all for your replies.

Bluebell - I do make up time each month. I try to feel out how the other pioneers did.
    I don't want to be too obvious about it. I cant get 90+ hours if the others only got 60.

Highlander - I should try to work things out with my dad, but as I mentioned before his initial reaction to contact:
    "how much money do you want?" or "you want a place to stay, don't you?"
    So, I pretty much have given up on talking to him, especially if I need something.

Truthseeker - I really am a good age guesser. Majority of the time I am only a year off.
    My problem with this sister was her maturity in actions, and build of her body.
    It is ironic that you should mention that this was for her parents to handle.
    Her parents were all for us hanging out together (they were my biggest supporters),
    the elders actually used this as evidence that "they obviously aren't very spiritual": Another reason for the elders to step in.

Greendawn - Yes, you are correct. I should never, never, never have told my mom that I had admited to zelda I liked her.
    However, that is where me being a goody-two-shoes comes into play. It ate me up that I "broke the rules" by telling her.
    I am surprised that I lasted two months.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    My problem with this sister was her maturity in actions, and build of her body.

Yes, today's girls seem to be developing physically earlier than in the past, or perhaps, it is the fashions that highlight certain features (in my mind, inappropriately so--thanks to Madonna, Brittany Spears and others). Or maybe it is the hormones in the hamburgers...

It is ironic that you should mention that this was for her parents to handle.
    Her parents were all for us hanging out together (they were my biggest supporters)

Meddle, meddle, meddle, that's what the elders did in your case. They really overstepped their scriptural authority and chose to play God in your (and Zelda's life). They should be DF's for idolatry--placing themselves in God's position.

If her parents were fine with your friendship, then that was a huge factor to consider. I am sorry that this happened to you, since you sound sincere, and a good boy. However, I am not sorry that you now see the truth about this false relgion. I hope that you will sense the love of Christ surrounding you and drawing you to Him. I wouldn't at all be surprised if He has someone even more wonderful than Zelda for you (someone not under mind control), and you can enjoy your relationship without the interference of ungodly men, once you have left the Witnesses.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is the problem, under cultic influence and being so young and without sufficient depth of experience and maturity you came to be overobedient and unable to protect your legitimate interests by not revealing things pertaining to them to people that can seriously harm them.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

wow- what a story-

*shakes head* like everyone said- The meddling! My goodness!

• metaspy
    metaspy
    Meddle, meddle, meddle, that's what the elders did in your case. They really overstepped their scriptural authority and chose to play God in your (and Zelda's life).

I agree, they overstepped. How can one get them to admit this?
    I don't mean for me, for others. If it happens again, what can the person do?
    I went with the go to the higher authority, but that only works if the higher authority agrees with you.

If I could go back, I would do it all differently. I would have told no one, absolutely no one.
    That seems to be the big thing that I have learned. Tell no one anything that might be taken wrong.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Thank you for sharing your story!! Your story has moved me and I can feel your pain through your words...what an awful ordeal! I simply cannot understand why any of this happened. My heart aches for you b/c of Zelda. I am so happy for you that you have seen the light and are taking steps to get out. You do not deserve any of what happened to you. Although the right words escape me at the moment, please know I will be thinking of your story from this day forward and know, I think you are a very brave and good person! I just don't know what else to say...I feel for you.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Fight for the girl!!!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm sorry for all that you went through with your mom and the elders. So unnecessary!

Still, I can't help wondering if part of Zelda's continuing attraction (apart from her looks) is that she was "forbidden" to you for so long? How well do you really know her as a person? You spent so little time with her. Remembering myself at 14, yes, the body may be mature, but emotionally, I was more child than woman. I can pretty much guarantee you that whoever Zelda was at 14 is not who she is today! You mentioned that she is suicidal. It sounds like she is emotionally unstable and would not be the best serious relationship potential. If you had been allowed to see her and date her from the age of 16 or so, until she was 18, the teenage romance might have petered out of its own accord. No love burns as hot as a love thwarted!

Just something to think about!

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit