My kitties are sooo smart!!! Training George and Thomas to use the toilet!

by Elsewhere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is my cat Thomas on day 13 of his training (The video). Right now he is still using a training device called the Litter Kwitter and is starting to master the act of hopping up on the toilet to use it!

Watch the video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XIQWMrwnLM

• free2think
    free2think

Wow your cat is so smart. So cute too.

• Tara
    Tara

Wow! Smart cat. How old is he? How long does it take til they don't need that litter thing in the toilet?

• noni1974
    noni1974

Your cat looks just like mine.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I don't know what I was expecting- but FYI for anyone else, maybe eating Granola while watching this video isn't the best idea...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Wow your cat is so smart. So cute too.

Yeah, I never thought it would be possible for something to be so cute and nasty at the same time!

Wow! Smart cat. How old is he? How long does it take til they don't need that litter thing in the toilet?

He and his sister about about 7 years old. The instructions said that the whole program should take about eight weeks... but based on input from other people who have done it, it can take anywhere from four weeks to a year depending on the cat and how well of a trainer you are. There are three main rules I figured out:

1. Be extraordinarily patient!!! Don't rush them!!! Let the cats become 100% comfortable with each training step before moving on. It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking they are ready before they are and then pushing them to quickly to the next step. You will know you did this if they start to have "accidents" on the floor (back up one or two steps and try again).
    2. Keep things very tidy! Cats are naturally clean animals and dislike an untidy place to expel. I clean the Litter Kwitter and floor with a non-ammonia cleaner and spray them with a no-cat-smell enzyme cleaner after every "use".
    3. Give them treats and lots of attention ONLY if they successfully accomplish the current training step. Ignore them and act aloof around them when cleaning up any "accident" (cat's love treats and attention and will modify their own behavior if they don't get them). NEVER scold or fuss at the cats when they have an accident... they will not understand and will only become frightened of you.
  • tula
    tula

can you get feline VD from using the same toilet seat?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

there is just nothing to beat well trained pussy

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

missa:

maybe eating Granola while watching this video isn't the best idea...

...snakes spewing his tea reading that.....

Snakes ()

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    there is just nothing to beat well trained pussy

I agree. Sometimes a pussy enjoys a good spanking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6a8T5Z5wkk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit