One year on JWD

by OnTheWayOut 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Technically tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary, but not as many people are here on Saturdays
    because they are not at work or their JW spouse is at home with them or they might be out in
    (fake) recruiting service still. SO the 365th day will start my celebration.

Here I am 4004 posts later. What's happened?
    I was already in a fade and had already stepped aside as an elder before post #1.
    I am now totally inactive with recruiting and meetings. In that entire year, I have been shepherded
    a grand total of 15 minutes by the C.O. and ZERO by the elders- I am thrilled they are not doing their job.

My wife generally knows how I feel, but treats my feelings about JW stuff like the 800 pound gorilla in the
    room. We have had about 4 major discussions and countless minor ones about problems with WTS.
    My JW mother has heard a little bit, but keeps her blinders on and even seems to block out my inactivity.

I have met 4 other posters, I have spoken on the phone with a handful more.

During this next year, I hope to reduce that time on JWD and post less (I will look back in a year to see if I did.)
    I hope to continue meeting other exJW's in one way or another. While not being blatent, I plan to spend more
    time with non-JW family during the holidays. Oh, and I plan to be shepherded 15 minutes less this next year.

Thanks all for your support through this transition year.

OnTheWayOut

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Your posts were key to my signing up and posting, OTWO.

You've made huge progress and I'm sure your example and style has inspired many others as well.

• free2think
    free2think

Happy One Year Anniversary OTWO, and thank you for all the support and encouragement you've given me.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks for being here

your posts and direct encouragement to me have helped me heaps

I appreciate you

purps

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Are we "allowed" to "do" anniversaries....I thought they were semi-banned too?? Oh wait....nevermind...We are FREE!!!!

Glad you are here and hopefully this next year will bring many more changes to your family life. I hope the 800lb gorilla turns into a sweet little kitten you can both enjoy having around!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Happy Anniversary .

I have really appreciated your viewpoints since day one .

I really don't contribute alot here ,but I do gain so much from other's posts like yours.

So let me just thank you now for all your time ,effort and information you have shared this past year.

• unique1
    unique1

CONGRATULATIONS!!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

congrats OTWO

i hope you do stay around at least some for a long time to come....your support of all of us newer ones is greatly appreciated. In some ways, when we lose some on the board (as we did with bigd this week), it is really a celebration... the fact that they have progressed to the point that they can now go from the fantasy world of the witlesses to the real world is something amazing considering what we have been through in the cult. On the other hand, it is a time of sadness, especially if they are a frequent contributor to the board. We miss those posters especially. Others leave or reduce because of sickness (blondie comes to mind) but we still remember them. We miss their personalities and their presence.

I say all of this because when we leave the JW world, no one seems to really care...thus, OTWO, your 15 minutes of fame with the CO.

My JW mom left the midwest 8 or 9 years ago when she remarried (to a great NON JW I might add). Almost no one from back home (where I am) stays in touch with her anymore. And my folks are getting ready to move again when the retire at the end of the year. I was talking with my stepdad last night and I told him that I wondered how many will keep in touch from her present congo. He thought maybe a few would keep in touch, but not many. He is right. He also said she should be more proactive. He is balanced. You would never know it looking at him (think Hell's Angel look) but he is highly intelligent, hard working, and treats my mom like a queen....and he never opposes her about the "Truth". He lets her do whatever she wants. He said to me, "Snakes, I knew what I signed up for when I married your mom. The meetings and her religion are important to her.. Me,,,,, my religion is Brother Pillow and Sister Sheets!" LMAO at that.... He loves her and treats her right...that's all that matters to me.

I wonder about myself...how long it will be before I stay or go ...both from the JW and from here.....I had a short offline conversation with someone here via PM/email last night.... I think it all depends on our individual needs. I hope to stay at least to some degree to help all the new ones and support the vets. But as I look through the archives, I see so many who were heavy posters who no longer post. Who knows if they still check in quietly....

I think the decision to stay for me will be: if JWD becomes no fun and a burden, that is when I will leave. SAME AS THE "TRUTH".

glad you are with us...sorry for the ramble.....

Snakes ()

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nvr, your style is kinda great, too.

free2, you have encouraged me also.

Purps, I can't begin to say how much strength and encouragement I have
    received from your threads and posts.

megsmomma, thanks for such a positive thought.

troubled mind, you are welcome.

Unique 1, thanks.

Snakes, thanks for the quick story. JWD is not a burden for me right now.
    It is my inexpensive therapy for my bitterness. I think I would come around every
    once in a great while if I ever get the wife out, and will come here more if I don't.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Hey there OTWO, you have been one of my favorites from the beginning of my journey.

I hear you brother, I was thinking about this on my drive to work. How long will I be "active" here?

I agree about the therapy, and I am having fun, and I NEED to communicate with others that may not have walked in my shoes but at least we all shopped at the same shoe store.

Hope you stick around, even if not as often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit