Madeline's parents formally named suspects...Something smells "fishy" here

by Dragonlady76 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    They were talking on sky news today about the "evidence" being contaminated.

The police seem to be first rate in Portugal

So these morons are using tainted evidence against the mom?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think the Portuguese police and justice system are all that backward being in the EU they must sustain certain standards it is not a third world country.

But finding blood of the little girl in the car they rented doesn't necessarily mean much, it could have been due to a small accidental cut or a nose bleed.

• Gill
    Gill

Greendawn - The Portuguese legal and police system is very, very slow and in desperate need of bringing up to date.

You could say the same about the Italian system also.

However, instead of looking for the small child that is missing, they are going after the parents.

Now, at a stretch of the imagination it is possible to accept that the McCanns may have murdered their own child.

This has to be ruled out as a possibility but should have been attended to at the beinning of the case alongside all the other possibilities they should have been looking into.

Now, this stinks of desperation!

They need to end this case. They need to blame someone. Leaving a child alone at home to go out in the evening is very, very rare in European countries. My own relatives were not impressed as non of them ever would have left their children alone to go out, and indeed neither would most sensible people. But, doing something so ridiculously stupid does not make them murderers.

The Police are understandably desperate, but no where near as desperate as the parents.

The mob mentality that is developing among the Portuguese people is evident by what took place, in Mrs McCann being booed as she entered the police station.

They'd love to 'string up' a pretty blonde!

There's a sick and twisted new phase in this horrific story that goes from nightmare to Hell itself!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm keeping an open mind - there's something fishy on both sides. But on the whole I'm leaning more towards the appearance of desperation on the part of the portugese police. The longer this case remains unsolved and high profile, the more damaging it is - both to the tourist industry and the police.

I think the biggest mistake of the police was refusing the offer of sniffer dogs from the UK when Madeleine first went missing (they don't have them in Portugal)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wasn't one of the suspects a man who was friends with these parents? He was studying with the JWs, an he had a past. What's up with him?

• Angharad
    Angharad

I agree its smells fishy. There has been a lot of criticism of the way the police have handled the whole thing, and talk of the apartment being contaminated before forensics were taken etc. There has been so much publicity about the case it feels to me like a desperate attempt to 'solve' the case.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The most important statement in the CNN report imo is this one :

Those involved in criminal investigations in Portugal can ask to be declared formal suspects to receive this protection, although it is unclear whether Mrs. McCann asked to do this.

In wishing for a lawyer to be present during interrogation in Portugal the suspect must ask to be declared a 'formal suspect'.

HS

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Good liars can be very convincing.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The whole situation is odd.

What happened to Madeline after the abduction and before the car rental? How do you hide a body for 25 days? Is she still alive, somewhere in Spain?

Why Maddie? Why leave the twins?

This case is bizarre. It's possible that in a heated moment, one of the parents killed their girl in a fit of rage and then realized what they done and disposed of her.

They're both doctors.

I read somewhere that specially trained sniffer dogs were brought in who can detect the smell of death within two hours of said event.

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Truth seeker,

There is not an animal alive that can smell death. There are animals and human beings that can smell decay.

The facts are that the family reported that Maddie was missing to the police immediately the discovered their loss. The police did not start searching for Maddie for two days. They sealed the borders only then.

There is nothing to indicate that Maddy was murdered by her parents. This is idle speculation by the media or conditioning of the general publc to accept whatever the police or government tell you unless you too want to be considered a suspect. The Mc Cann family are an embarrassment to the Portugese authorities by their presence in Portugal and tireless publicity campaigns on behalf of their missing daughter. Do not be taken in by the spinning of the media.

If you were a juror in any subsequent trial how do you think the conditioning you have been subjected to would affect your decision ? If you believe that you have not been affected it has failed in its purpose. If you believe that the Mc Cann family are guilty despite NO EVIDENCE having been put forward and NO CHARGE being made against them..........the conditioning and spinning has worked.

God help Maddie if she is still alive and a slave within the sex industry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit