amgdn survivialists: stockpiling beans and rice?

by tula 21 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

Just wondering why, if the end is coming so soon, why the JW's were not warned to make plans and stock the ark?

Faith without works is dead, you know. Works require action. If you believe it...wouldn't you take some action?

I always wondered if the GB would pull a rabbit out of the hat one day and make some sort of announcement to "be prepared" materially for the "big disaster".

I can just see the JW's stripping the grocery store shelves like people do in bad weather and buying up all the batteries as well. HQ could probably manipulate a stock market crash at any time to their advantage.

Is there some "secret plan"? Have any of you ever stocked up on beans and rice to wait it out? Or would GB house everyone at their "farms"? What provisions have they made to help their people through the coming disaster?

• fresia
    fresia

We have been told of a survival kit or bag incase of natural disasters, which is really smart I think.

Difference between Gods war and natural disasters, scriptures say Gods will only destroy the wicked at Armageddon as you probably already know and we don't know when that will be so I guess would be lack of faith if we stock piled food and stuff for Armageddon don't you think.

• tula
    tula

well, maybe not so much Armageddon as stockpiling for the "Great Tribulation" when no one will be able to "buy or sell" without "THE MARK".

What is their answer for that?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "What is their answer for that?"

'Jehovah will provide.'

I have heard that one innumerable times growing up.

Regards,

Jim TX

• fresia
    fresia

What is their answer for that?

Jehovah will provide, seriously maybe manor from heaven or maybe I'll open the fidge and it will be full of food, yeah...

who knows have to wait for the time to come. The isrealites ate their kids, I don't have any but I do have cats, huh.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake sept 2007 deals with natural diasters page 7 is titled "Are you equipt to flee? It recommends having a "Go Bag" ready for any emergency, filled with maps food/water flashlight, first aid kit etc. A pictures shows a concerned dad grabbing his "Go bag" while his wife and child look scared in the background. You see, the faithful slave is always one step ahead of you! My Armegedon "go bag" is ready!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I always wondered if the GB would pull a rabbit out of the hat one day and make some sort of announcement to "be prepared" materially for the "big disaster".

If they do, I really think it will be the final straw for most JWs. I don't think this current bunch will go for it. They do, however, love when a natural disaster hits or if there's a major horrid news story because it all points to the "last days".

And in regards to the survival pack recommendation, I wasn't impressed...people (including myself) have been doing that for years. Every job I've ever had has also recommended that you have a survival kit at work. Besides for alot of JWs I know, the survival pack gets hit when groceries run low and they never getting around to replacing the items. That's because they create their own survival pack with items that they like to eat instead of buying a survival kit with the space age food packets.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I hope they're stockpiling some beano, too, in the event a bunch of people actually have to live underground, eating beans and rice all the time.

Can you imagine putting up with all the resultant flatulence of bean-eaters living in a bomb-shelter? I'd rather be destroyed by the Big A than asphixiated by my neighbors' farts.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe the money spent on beans and rice would be better spent by wasting it in those donation boxes? If I bought beans and rice, there would be that much less money in the box when the pedophile lawsuits hit. And less money means less ability to spread the cancer into Nigeria, where they really need to push if they are to hit that dreaded 7 million mark.

• BrentR
    BrentR

As mentioned above the generic "Jehovah will provide" comeback struck me as "we don't know" or "we can't bear to think about it". I realized at a fairly young age that was Bovine Scatology (BS).

My wife and I do have three months of supplies socked away and are prepared for a large earthquake or other natural disaster. 99% of the people around us are not. We choose to not end up a refugee that is reliant on the government who has consistantly dropped the ball when the poo-poo hits the fan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit