Faith vs Accurate Knowledge

by writetoknow 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fresia
    fresia

I don't think I put accurate knowledge on knowing Christ at least I hope not, I have had a good look at myself after my last post, and one thing I do agree is that Christ's teachings do not get enough or near enough emphasis with in the religion.

I am not saying they are right or that the poster is wrong, but I would sincerly hope that I have tried to be a better person by what I have learnt as a JW.

One thing I find very hard to listen to is the critisism the society gives other religions yet they refuse to admit their failings and are hypocritical in denying any past wrongs.

• Perry
    Perry

They used to quote John 17:3 as a sort of alternative to John 3:16. I think it used to be printed on the old WT covers. Anyway, JW's do indeed elevate "accurate knowledge" to the level of an object of worship. But really, without Christ they could literaly land anywhere religiously except at the foot of the cross for this reason:

They don't know that they will be judged personally for their crimes (sins). They dismiss clear warnings such as this:

Heb 9:27 -
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

Instead, they twist scriptures to state that a man can pay for his own sins by simply dying. (wages of sin is death) If this is true then Christ died for nothing. Utterly ignorant. Unless a person is "hiddden" in Christ, they will face personal judgement on the basis of how they judged others. Jesus indicated that a person could avoid this judgement by simply not judging others. If you don't have Christ as your attorney at that time pleading your case......your only hope is to somehow prove you have never judged others......good luck in proving that to the Almighty who does have accurate knowledge of each one of us.

The plight of JW's is similar to that of Eve in the Garden of Eden in this way: God gave a specific command.....easy to understand. The Serpent gave a re-interpretation of God's words that required disobedience to pursue. He gave her "special knowledge".

Likewise, Christ commanded his followers to "keep doing this in rememberance of me" as a sign of membership in the new covenant...... a sign of their pardon. "This" refers to drinking his "blood and eating his "flesh". The Wt comes along and says don't drink his blood nor eat his flesh because we've re-interpreted this scripture over here regarding a 144,000 Isrealites. Since only we have special knowledge, it's ok to disobey God.

Do you think that an interpretation of that 144,000 scripture could be found that did not require disobedience? OF COURSE...VERY EASILY.

But then their god of "accurate knowledge" that they worship would be not needed

God spends four thousand years in the old testament making one point: You can't make yourself righteous and you cannot survive the heat of judgement day. The WT tries to make it all go away with a few deceptive words about how "knowledge brings life". JW's don't need knowledge..... they need an official PARDON. And, this is precisely what they reject each Memorial.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Upon gaining this accurate knowledge of the scriptures they can then be baptized into the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Although that organization may presently be under going a name change do to recent sex scandals plaguing the group.

Name change? What is this all about? Anything confirmed or is this speculation?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

the organization actually takes away any reason to have faith in Chist and Jehovah.

I honestly thought that they were trying to tell us, but without ever coming out and saying it, that there indeed was no God.

purps

• fresia
    fresia
    they need an official PARDON. And, this is precisely what they reject each Memorial.

It's sad isn't it, I believe that everyone should partake of the emblems, this teaching is wrong. There is a lot that will be rectified after their judgement, and hopefully that won't be to far of.

There are more and more witnesses that are waking up to the false teachings of the org, but are in wait for the right time to speak out.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hi

What was meant by the JWs possibly going thru a name change as a result of the settlements? Is this specualtion or is anything confirmed? What would the change be to?

• tfjw
    tfjw

Here here! writetoknow, very well said! You have captured the whole of what the WT truly means by "accurate knowledge". They have supplanted simple faith in God with an "accurate knowledge" of the WT doctrines and the ability to speak the "pure language" of their publications. Well said! Thank you.

• bobld
    bobld

The GB is a group of men.So why don't they apply Jeremiah 10:23.

Bob

• Perry
    Perry
    There is a lot that will be rectified after their judgement, and hopefully that won't be to far of.

With all due respect, the purpose of the judgement is not to rectify things per se, as if religion should be performed a certain way. Otherwise, why could it be said that God subjected his creation to futility after the fall? He could have "rectified" things a lot sooner if all he wanted to do was "rectify things". The fallen world that we now live in is allowed by God so that he can raise a family in our weakness and sin. Or as Paul put it. ....show his mercy upon the former objects of his wrath.

He raised a family once before in perfection and ended up with a big rebellion on his hands in heaven with the disobedient angels. This time he is forging his family out of iniquity...... replacements if you will permit some extension. In the Christian re-birth they are called "sons" of God ....to be contrasted with the sons of Adam. There are only two families of humans on this earth, each with a very different destiny.

His children have this destiny:

John 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The perfect tense of the verb indicates a past action and implies its permanent results. So, not only is condemnation not possible, but beleivers have already crossed over into Life in this life. This is why it called "good news".

Adam's children have this destiny:

2 Thess 1: 9, 10

...Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe.......

Some may object to the exercise of God's justice while thinking that it's "nice" that God exercises his mercy through his punishment of Christ for each of us. I believe that until a person is convicted of their own sin and of their own eternal punishment that is due them, this scripture applies:

1 Cor. 11: 29

For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Unworthily here does not mean that you must make yourself righteous (sinless) first. That's impossible for "there is no one righteous, no not one" It means doing it as a sort of insurance policy against hell..... and not discerning the wounds and stripes on the Lord's body by which the believer is healed, although they are surely deserved by us all.

• Terry
    Terry

Faith vs Gullibility might be more interesting. How does one distinguish, truly?

Knowledge vs AccurateKnowledge is a false dichotomy, seems to me.

Cults like to redefine commonly accepted parlance for purposes of control.

By changing everything that is true into THE TRUTH, JW's co-opt precision, seemingly.

By changing knowledge into accurate knowledge they corner the market on truth.

Clever devils.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit