I had my loser freeloading JW stepsiblings evicted

by unbeliever 17 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Some background is posted on the link below.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/122891/1.ashx

Last year my brother and I bought my moms house. One of the things we insisted on is that she get her good for nothing stepchildren out of the house. It lasted maybe for a few weeks but they were soon back. We never forced the issue until about 6 weeks ago. Much to the surprise of my brother and I mom and her husband moved to another state to serve where the need is great back in April or May. Our relationship has been very very strained and I was not on speaking terms with her but she did not even tell my brother.

We have never charged them rent. All they had to do was pay the utilities. Get this the whole time they have been gone her husbands good for nothing children have been living there. The only reason we found out is because my other brother finally decided to tell us. He said he knew we would blow a gasket and he figured mom would be back soon enough. When that did not happen he FINALLY decided to tell us.

The word pissed did not even begin to describe how we felt. My brother went to his lawyer and they were sent a 30 days notice letter telling them to get the hell out. Legally we had to do that. I thought that was the end of it. My brother called me on Sept 2nd and said they had not left. So my brother has his lawyer start the ball rolling to have them removed. They were supposed to be gone Aug 31. So today the sheriff goes and locks them out of the house. There is this huge orange notice on the door telling them not to enter.

The phone calls have started and it is non stop. At first the messages were calm and now they are getting downright nasty. My brother turned his cell off and left on a week long camping trip. I am not answering my phone. Did they really think we would not have them evicted?? They are calling everyone who will listen. My brother and I are so glad we live in different states from them. If we did not they would probably be camped out in my yard or something. When my brothers lawyer sent that legal notice there was a strong reaction but that is nothing compared to now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Stick to your guns (not literal guns), I am rooting for you.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I can't stand freeloading deadbeats. I don't know the whole story and there's always two sides to everything, but it sounds to me like you handled everything legally and fairly. Are your step siblings witnesses?

Edited: Sorry, I just read your posted link and see that they are pioneers. Still, let them get a real job and make their own way!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    Are your step siblings witnesses?

Yes. Their employment is sporatic at best. I don't think they have ever had a full time job. Since they are pioneers it's okay though according to my mom......

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

users, freeloaders, scumbags. Because they are pioneers you are supposed to let them live there free? Good for you - don't be a patsy!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm sure I can't get you more upset about these folks so I will say it:

I don't think they have ever had a full time job. Since they are pioneers it's okay though according to my mom......

It's okay if you come from a wealthy family, it's okay if you have a Midas touch
    in investing, or are retired from your hard work.

It ain't okay if you are just taking advantage of others to be leeches.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

good for you!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Right ON!

My family is so messed up, I wish I had the kind of leverage you anf your bro have to just say, 'this is how it is, deal with it.'

So nice to hear you drew your line, and are defending it!

I imagine this is the house you gre up in, and to have bastard use yer mom, get her to risk it, impose upon you and your bro, and then violate the terms be leaving the steplosers there!

You did right.

RD

• oompa
    oompa

Unbeliever, I have read all of your first thread on as well and you and your brother sure stepped up to the plate, and well along with child I am sure you did not need the stress. I am curious about your stepdads age and what business he would try that needed so much money as to dry up a perfect retirement house.

As to this current thread, PLEASE tell us what your mom had to say about moving away, not telling you and your brother, and letting those leeched stay there!!! How could she do this after you guys bailing her out?!?!? This is almost an unbelievable story, but you made it very believable.

be old but not stupid too.....oompa

• Soledad
    Soledad

!! Right on!!

There is nothing I hate more than freeloaders, JW or not!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit